• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiter set me for PPCLI instead of preference

geo said:
pushing 50?... try pushing 55. 
My knees hurt!

You old fart. Pain is the only sure sign you are still alive!

I played hockey ten times in the past three weeks with a bunch of 20 somethings and yes my knees hurt too.

brandon-vancouver said:
Hey at least you got the trade you wanted. I got Air Defence Artillery, my first choice was Infantry.

If you qualify for the trade(infantry) I don't see why they wouldn't put you into that?  Have you go through with it or is this recent?

mr.rhtuner said:
If you qualify for the trade(infantry) I don't see why they wouldn't put you into that?  Have you go through with it or is this recent?

There is always a great need for Infantrymen AND Sappers.... but it also has to do with what trades the CF needs most at any one given time.

I went for my Interview the other day, and I never choose a regiment prior to that, and when I arrived I was told i was being put towards the RCR ... and i was like k.

So how does it work if you don't choose? where ever they need you (or space is open)?

That's pert much about it.
Some units will be running low - so that's where you'll most likely go.

Oh alright, sounds good. Going up near ottawa or edmonton, either or sounds good to me.  :nod: Just have the medical to go to and than Merit Listing for the RCR unless they change it.

So its like that for all trades and units?

The needs of the service outweigh pert much everything else.

If you want to go RCR, the CF decides if you go to Gagetown or Petawawa and which Batallion
if you want to go R22R, the CF sends you to Valcartier & which Batallion
If you want to go PPCLI, the CF decides if you go to Shilo or Edmonton and which Batallion

On the Engineer side of the house, once you have chosen your language of work... you'll be on your way to any one of the Engineer units - based on the skillsets they need and you have .... that's just the way things are.

Well it's good to know that PPCLI is priority right now, as that was my preference.

just from the use of wording etc. Seems like they are getting for new recruits than RCR.

You can be pretty sure that you will get whatever Regiment you want. Which Battalion, I have no clue. Most likely, where they need you, you will go  ;D

Up until week 12 of BMQ I was PPCLI, than I asked my Sgt. on a march back to Farnham about switching to RCR and he told me to put a memo in monday morning. By tuesday I was RCR.

Furthermore, day 1 in Meaford I was told by another Sgt. that if any of us wanted to switch to PPCLI that we should put in a memo. He told us, reason being is that the CF would rather have a happier soldier than a pissed of soldier who diffinatly wouldn't re-sign his contract after 3 years.

Heh... the old Sgt isn't so dumb after all - eh?

As far as which regiment I am posted to, I don't really mind. PPCLI, closer to home. RCR, I get to experience a new part of Canada I haven't seen.
I do like the history of the RCR, and would like to become apart of that. BUT, I'll just go where they tell me and see what happens :D.
Surprise is sometimes a good thing yah know.  ;)

Back