• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruit school bypass

MaritimeMogul said:
Im more or less in the same situation. I put a CT in from my P Res Army unit, to an RMS Clerk Reg Force (Navy). My interview is next week and then I should receive an offer from my broker quick. I have completed my BMQ/BMQ (L) and my controlled goods awareness... I have been in my unit for 13 months... Any idea if I should get the bypass?

As a future RMS clerk, I suggest you might want to look up the references yourself - the practice will serve you very well.

From my understanding. I think that if I have BMQ and BMQ(L), I should get the recruit school bypass. I guess we will see when I get my offer in about 2 weeks time after my interview next week.

MaritimeMogul said:
From my understanding. I think ....
I guess you missed his suggestion. As an RMS Clerk, sailors and ship's officers will be coming to you with administrative questions; perhaps practising now will be more beneficial than telling them, "I dunno, go ask some strangers on Milnet.ca"

Journeyman said:
I guess you missed his suggestion. As an RMS Clerk, sailors and ship's officers will be coming to you with administrative questions; perhaps practising now will be more beneficial than telling them, "I dunno, go ask some strangers on Milnet.ca. But watch out for that Journeyman character - he's cranky."

FTFY

Trust me, Im doing as much research as I can. I guess Im just trying to find out for my own sanity.

MaritimeMogul said:
Im more or less in the same situation. I put a CT in from my P Res Army unit, to an RMS Clerk Reg Force (Navy). My interview is next week and then I should receive an offer from my broker quick. I have completed my BMQ/BMQ (L) and my controlled goods awareness... I have been in my unit for 13 months... Any idea if I should get the bypass?

How 'quick' is quick for an expected offer?

Just going from personal experience, I didn't have to. I went from Armoured reserves to Armoured reg force with a 4 year gap in between and they put me on my DP1. They initially said I was going to be going to CFLRS but changed their minds I guess.

Hi I joined the military and did my Basic Training. I released a while back for personal reasons I was just wondering how long I have to rejoin before my basic training is considered expired?

There is no guaranteed timeline because standards / skills change.

Generally speaking, if the BMQ standards have not changed since release,
after the mandatory PLAR (due to prior service) your BMQ should be valid for approximately three years.

Note: trades (MOC) trained members have about five years, depending on the above.

Hi I released in 2011 I was fully trained and with the Royal Canadian Dragoons and I Voluntarily released. I re applied in 2013 but got held up and canceled. I was wondering how long do I have before I would have to redo basic training? Not that redoing basic would stop me from coming back but I would just like to know as I submitted my application and requested recruit school bypass and if I have chosen a different trade will that affect that in anyway?

Well actually they have but they seem easier than when I did it. I was told by a buddy of mine that is also rejoining that  it's 5 years he kind of confused me though so I figured I would ask. I also forgot to mention that I was all done my trades training as well.

Well I guess I will find out when they contact me again. Thanks though guys. If I do have to redo it it won't stop me.

Good day,

A PLAR is used to assess all prior education and qualifications including courses taken by prior serving members who are applying for reenlistment into the Canadian Armed Forces related to the chosen occupation on the current application. Courses change over time and a PLAR is used to determine what knowledge gained from previous qualifications match the current requirements of the training for the occupation and may result in the granting of some qualifications towards the current courses/occupation standards.

For example if you've already done a basic military qualification course and the course has not changed then an individual would be granted that qualification and not have to redo the course if they are re-enrolled.

Hi

I just got a call saying I was accepted as a combat engineer with recruit school bypass.

Does this mean I am bypassing both bmq and sq or just bmq?

During trade school do I stay on base on course like bmq and sq or can I get my own place?  How long before my girlfriend and daughter Can Move around with me? It it possible to be near them or live with them during trade school?

Thanks

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Gsc023 said:
I just got a call saying I was accepted as a combat engineer with recruit school bypass.

Does this mean I am bypassing both bmq and sq or just bmq?

From Ask a CAF Recruiter,

Recruit school bypass?
https://army.ca/forums/threads/117016.0

Gsc023 said:
Hi

Does this mean I am bypassing both bmq and sq or just bmq

Likely just BMQ.  BMQ-L/SQ isn't taught at CFLRS right?  Makes sense.

During trade school do I stay on base on course like bmq and sq or can I get my own place?

CFSME, I'll wager a guess that you will live-in during your 3s.  Unless the world has really changed in the cbt arms.

How long before my girlfriend and daughter Can Move around with me?

Normally, that is after you are completed your trg (QL3) and posted to your first unit.

It it possible to be near them or live with them during trade school?

No move at public expense and they'd have to pay their own way/rent, the whole sha-bang.  You have no idea what time you'd have off to actually spend with them.  If they aren't from close to the CFB Gagetown area, I personally would recommend they stay close to home while you are in your QL3 trg.  They'd be in a new area, with no family support and you will be very busy most of the time and not even likely allowed to live with them, right?

And you would be able to focus on your course without clock-watching thinking about 'going home' all the time.

Thanks

No sweat.  I'd bet someone who is more familiar with current policies at CFSME will add to my  :2c:.

Good luck on your course!

Gsc023 said:
Hi

Does this mean I am bypassing both bmq and sq or just bmq? No you will do BMQ-L either at 5 Div TC or some other location

During trade school do I stay on base on course like bmq and sq or can I get my own place?  How long before my girlfriend and daughter Can Move around with me? It it possible to be near them or live with them during trade school? You will first be placed in HOLDFAST TP and will have to live in IIRC and during your trades course you will be required to live in the shacks with the rest of the course

Thanks

See my comments above.

Greetings:

How many times have you heard of an individual completing basic training? 3, 4, 5 +? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theoretical limit?

Joins PRes at 16, CT to RegF at 18 needs to redo BMQ.
Gets out after BE, re-enrolls 10 years later, BMQ again.

Probably 3? at 4 the CFRC should be not allowing them back in.

Back