• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruit school bypass

Saw this from way back in 2006. Doesn't say how many BMQ's, but it may help,

kincanucks said:
Unfortunately, a person could release and reapply as many times as they want as there is no restriction on either.

LunchMeat said:
Doesn't make much sense, BMQ qual if good for 10 years post-release....
I do believe BMQ qual is only good for 5 years. We need to start thinking outside the box on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LunchMeat said:
Doesn't make much sense, BMQ qual if good for 10 years post-release....

RocketRichard said:
I do believe BMQ qual is only good for 5 years.

How long Is BMQ good for 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/28624.0

George Wallace said:
If you get out and then decide to get back into the CF within a year, it should still be good.  If you wait two or more years, you will probably have to do it all over again.

GW

RCR4LIFE said:
If you do BMQ regular force, then it's 5 years.

From 2011,

Brbond007 said:
He informed me that BMQ expires after 2 years! I missed the enrollment date by 1 month, My understanding was that BMQ was good for 5 years and 10 years if you finished your trade course!

From 2012,

Huyman said:
I'm not sure how long BMQ is good for, I heard 5 years, then 10 years. 

DAA would know.

RocketRichard said:
I do believe BMQ qual is only good for 5 years. We need to start thinking outside the box on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come to think of it, that's sounds more correct.

My father, back in the late 80's, released for a year and got back in. The CFRC gave him a recruit school bypass... Only to find himself back in Cornwallis again.

We've had a few fellas come in at the 2 year and 5 year mark and were given all their qualifications back. No redos.

We are going to be hurting for experience and leadership when the boomers start retiring.  When we have former MCpl's and above attempt to re enroll and they've been out longer than 5 years and they have to do basic in the reg force or reserve that is an issue.  I would argue that someone who has done their CLC/JLC/PLQ etc could do a 'refresher' course thus opening up spots for new recruits and getting the experienced people into the training system to re qualify (if needed) in their trades or straight into a unit.  Yes, I know there are standards but essentially not much has changed in basic training since as far back as the 80's.

RocketRichard said:
We are going to be hurting for experience and leadership when the boomers start retiring. 

The "Boomers" started retiring years ago. Their current age range is 70 - 52.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/baby-boomers-say-age-gives-them-office-cred/
"born between 1946 and 1964"

mariomike said:
The "Boomers" started retiring years ago. Their current age range is 70 - 52.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/baby-boomers-say-age-gives-them-office-cred/
"born between 1946 and 1964"

Agreed but with the unprecedented operational tempo in the past 2 decades in combination with CRA of Baby Boomers and Gen X the CAF will be losing many Warrant Officers, Majors and above.  See articles in the Globe.

RocketRichard said:
Agreed but with the unprecedented operational tempo in the past 2 decades in combination with CRA of Baby Boomers and Gen X the CAF will be losing many Warrant Officers, Majors and above.  See articles in the Globe.

I was referring to the "Boomers", as their average age is now 61.  :)

RocketRichard said:
We are going to be hurting for experience and leadership when the boomers start retiring.  When we have former MCpl's and above attempt to re enroll and they've been out longer than 5 years and they have to do basic in the reg force or reserve that is an issue.  I would argue that someone who has done their CLC/JLC/PLQ etc could do a 'refresher' course thus opening up spots for new recruits and getting the experienced people into the training system to re qualify (if needed) in their trades or straight into a unit.  Yes, I know there are standards but essentially not much has changed in basic training since as far back as the 80's.

Do you know how much changes in five (5) years?

Whole families of vehicles may have changed.
Weapons may have been replace by newer ones.
Communications systems may have become obsolete and replaced.
Right now the Pay System is being converted, so Clerks who have been gone for over five years will have no clue what they would be doing if they were brought back in as their former selves.  Would you want one of them screwing you out of your pay?

So much can change in five (5) years that the person you are talking about may be "obsolete" and so far out of touch with what that CAF is today that they WILL require retraining from the very beginning.....BASIC.

So.....If you have absolutely NO CLUE of what you are talking about, don't be making statements on those subjects.

George Wallace said:

Right now the Pay System is being converted, so Clerks who have been gone for over five years will have no clue what they would be doing if they were brought back in as their former selves.  Would you want one of them screwing you out of your pay?

So much can change in five (5) years that the person you are talking about may be "obsolete" and so far out of touch with what that CAF is today that they WILL require retraining from the very beginning.....BASIC.

So.....If you have absolutely NO CLUE of what you are talking about, don't be making statements on those subjects.

Vehicles... Driver Wheeled;  not BMQ.
Comms... ATCIS and various comes courses; not BMQ.
Weapons... Sure, but I easily learned a new weapons system in 3 days through unit training.

Pay system... That would also not be BMQ training... It would be Trades.

Therefore, he's not far off and you easily give someone a Recruit School Bypass if they've been out 5 years... Hell even 10.

Drill, Dress, rank systems etc. Doesn't change much even over 50 years, much less over 5.

LunchMeat said:
Vehicles... Driver Wheeled;  not BMQ.
Comms... ATCIS and various comes courses; not BMQ.
Weapons... Sure, but I easily learned a new weapons system in 3 days through unit training.

Pay system... That would also not be BMQ training... It would be Trades.

Therefore, he's not far off and you easily give someone a Recruit School Bypass if they've been out 5 years... Hell even 10.

Drill, Dress, rank systems etc. Doesn't change much even over 50 years, much less over 5.

Are you a Recruiter, or ever been a Recruiter?

If not then you don't have a clue.....Sorry.

A rifle is a rifle, driving is driving, nav is nav.

The best thing they can do is do a skills assessment on the individual for the level they want to come back as and for the trade.

As for whole weapons and computer systems (Pay) being different. I bet after a person has been out for 5 or more years they also bring a totally different level of skills back to the table.

RANK?

How many years have now passed since we brought in the new rank with Pips and Crowns, etc.?

George Wallace said:

I have many 'CLUES' regarding Basic of what I'm talking about. This is from a recruiting perspective and from personal experience.  I have the course syllabi from the late 80's, late 90's and as recent as this summer and believe me (or not as it appears you choose to do) not much has significantly changed except for Op Honour.  I can personally attest to this.

Training during the Regular Forces BMQ includes:

Drill, dress and discipline;
Deportment;
First aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR);
Weapons handling (using in-service rifle);
Physical training;
Land navigation;
Field training;
Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) defence force protection operations;
CAF regulations and orders;
Communication; and
Military history and rank structure.

I pose this question: Can you Mr. Wallace?  Have you done basic in a few different decades? Are you presently in the military? Are you involved in recruiting?  My original point is that in my opinion members who have been out for over 5 years (especially those who have done leadership training)  should be able to do a refresher course on an as needed basis.

The comment "So.....If you have absolutely NO CLUE of what you are talking about, don't be making statements on those subjects." is baseless and without merit. I will not stoop to insult you as there is no point in that.

PS See Lunchmeat and CTD's comments.

CTD said:
A rifle is a rifle, driving is driving, nav is nav.

The best thing they can do is do a skills assessment on the individual for the level they want to come back as and for the trade.

As for whole weapons and computer systems (Pay) being different. I bet after a person has been out for 5 or more years they also bring a totally different level of skills back to the table.

So?  You are a Recruiter as well?  Or, perhaps, and instructor on any of the topics you just mentioned? 

A FN C1 and C2 were not C-7 or C-8 rifles.  The C-5 GPMG is not a C-6, nor a C-9.  Sorry, but I will call BS on a rifle is a rifle.  Same goes for driving different vehicles.  Nav may change very little, but so many didn't learn to Nav in the first place, nor are many familiar with changes to Nav Systems being used.  Comms...Skill fade in using current Comms equipment starts within days of non-use.

Again, I will say it; if you are not involved in Recruiting, or the Training System, your input is not required and only muddies the waters.

RocketRichard said:
Training during the Regular Forces BMQ includes:

Drill, dress and discipline; (Skillfade)
Deportment; (no change)
First aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR); (3 year expiry)
Weapons handling (using in-service rifle); (qual every year)
Physical training; (joke at BMQ anyways)
Land navigation; (skill fade)
Field training; (new TTPs, skill fade)
Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) defence force protection operations; (has changed since the early 2000s when I did it)
CAF regulations and orders; (constantly evolving)
Communication; and (highly technical skill fade)
Military history and rank structure. (we just changed our ranks)

I pose this question: Can you Mr. Wallace?  Have you done basic in a few different decades? Are you presently in the military? Are you involved in recruiting?  My original point is that in my opinion members who have been out for over 5 years (especially those who have done leadership training)  should be able to do a refresher course on an as needed basis.

Threw a couple comments on your list, its not cut and dry with "Just give him BMQ bypass". As well, I think I've only seen people have to redo if they've been out more than 10 years, or insufficient reserve time to write off BMQ.

Back