• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recommendations for a chest rig?

If you are going to be using any drop leg platforms theres a combat support harness (or suspenders) that attaches to your trouser belt to aid in shifting weight and to keep your pants up. If I remember correctly its at Brigade Quartermasters check there site.

don't want to hang any moons while in contact

dangerboy said:
The new ruck has an 80 L capacity.  One other point is if your a Coyote Driver you probably will not have room for a big ruck, you will most likely end up using just a valise and a day bag.  I will let the Armoured guys expand on that thought.

I understood from the Rumour Net, last year, that Armour were not going to get the new ruck, basically for this reason; it doesn't store well on AFVs.

The clothe the soldiers pers that were here in Wainwright told us that all pers deploying on Tour will get the Ruck no matter what trade they are. Everyone at the school got issued a ruck no mater what trade; this way we look identical when we do our BFT ::)

There is plenty of room behind the dirvers seat, but that is training, it might be taken up by other essentials overseas.

I have a pair of suspenders, I find them annoying, but I will use them if needed.

RCD guys in Pet were recently issued the new ruck. I just missed the cut coming in from Gagetown and have been told by the guys at QM that I will not be getting a new ruck at all before deployment.

And does the 80L include the space taken up by the compression bag? If so, how much space is left over?

Canadian Mind said:
And does the 80L include the space taken up by the compression bag? If so, how much space is left over?

It is 80 L total, the ruck can be divided into two 40 L compartments with the compression sack fitting in the bottom 40 L compartment.

I compared my issue '64 & '82 rucks the main compartments & pockets look to be about equal in overall volume, so the 82 will hold hold slightly more because of the cover flap pocket. If that helps any, I never been very good with the metric system say maybe 50 - 55 liters total capacity for the '82, 45 - 50 liters for an issue '64. These are very rough guesstimates. If that helps any.

Back