• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recognition

jerrythunder

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering if anyone actually knows if high ranking officials in the CF read and post on this form. it would be pretty cool to think that some of our ideas were actually implemented into the CF itself

Depends on your definition of "high-ranking officials".

It's a well-known fact that a certain Brigadier-General used to visit here, and sometimes lightning bolts would descend from on high ...

The Governor General even graced us with her presence one time to take the mickey out of some blow hard that was shooting off his mouth. Wish I could find it, but I think it's been archived.

Now that is what i wanted lol. Has the Prime Minister ever gotten onto the site? and if not then i think that he should!

recceguy said:
The Governor General even graced us with her presence one time to take the mickey out of some blow hard that was shooting off his mouth. Wish I could find it, but I think it's been archived.

http://army.ca/forums/threads/15150.0.html

To the CO of the 48th Highlanders...

Posted by The Governor General from Canada on June 07, 2000 at 08:32:39:

In Reply to: I just can't let this one go... posted by Dav Langstroth on June 07, 2000 at 00:08:18:

Transfer Mr. Langstroth to the 260th Battalion, CEF, at once - and don't forget one for the Queen at the end, Dav.

AC

And a followup with a little bit of an explanation for the remark:
http://army.ca/forums/threads/133/post-1206.html#msg1206

recceguy said:
fortunecookie,
It was at the old site, http://CdnArmy.ca/war_diary/war_diary.html.  In Part:

Posted by The Governor General from Canada on June 07, 2000 at 08:32:39:

In Reply to: I just can't let this one go... posted by Dav Langstroth on June 07, 2000 at 00:08:18:

Transfer Mr. Langstroth to the 260th Battalion, CEF, at once - and don't forget one for the Queen at the end, Dav.

AC

Had to do with the amount of pushups vice the number on your capbadge ie: 48th Highlanders, 8CH etc. Perhaps Dav Langstroth could fill us in. Would be a quiet diversion to the regular discussions. :D
Hope this helps. Willie!
recceguy

Hey,Big Bad John.Did you ever know a fellow named Derek Walker? Hailed from Liverpool,I believe.

jerrythunder said:
Now that is what i wanted lol. Has the Prime Minister ever gotten onto the site? and if not then i think that he should!

Not sure if I would be comfortable with that....

But posting by the CDS would be welcomed.

yeah i could understand how it would make you uncomfortable having the PM put a msg on the site. I would be. id wanna tell him off for our military cutbacks! :cdn: :salute: :threat:

jerrythunder said:
yeah i could understand how it would make you uncomfortable having the PM put a msg on the site. I would be. id wanna tell him off for our military cutbacks! :cdn: :salute: :threat:

Grow up! Like that would accomplish anything for the CF!!   ::)
Use your brain for something other then keeping your ears apart.

Armymedic said:
Not sure if I would be comfortable with that....

But posting by the CDS would be welcomed.

I wouldn't hold my breath......

He's a bit busy doing some early spring cleaning  ;)

Regards

BBJ,he said 45 Cdo,if I remember right.Said he got out before Falklands adventure,and tried to re-up when that party was announced.His fmr CO discouraged him,apparently.He now works at Coca-Cola.

Back