• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recently re-applied, just have a couple questions!

Treemoss

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello!

First time poster here,  long time reader though. I've recently reapplied to the CF again, this will be my 4th application and my foot is down that I will accept this one. I applied first 5 years ago and did the CFAT and heath assessment and passed, but this was back when I was 17, I'm now 23. I had to back out of that application due to parental pressures. My other 2 applications weren't processed fully due to documentation "not being received", or lack of availability. This time though I'd applied with a college education, training up the yingyang, and job experience in the field I'm applying for, Med Tech.

I applied on the 14th and heard back the 18th that I've been selected for further processing. This leads into my first question. Does timing matter? I was under the assumption that I'd have to wait a month or 2 like my other applications... is this a good sign of a fast application process or just good luck so far? When I called they said it was priority trade which I thought strange.

Anyways, when I called my local RC I got the ball rolling. I alerted the recruiter that I've done previous applications and passed the CFAT for the med tech position several years ago. She said that's perfect and I should hear back in a week or so since she has to "research" my file. Second question, do I have to do the CFAT again, or the health assessment for that matter, since I've already completed both? I'm hearing mixed things about whether they keep stuff on file.. varying from 6 months to 10 years according to a currently serving friend.

My last question. I'm pretty sure it's not psoriasis, but recently the front portion of my scalp developed a few small patches of redness that sometimes flake if i pick at them. Will they not accept me into the CF on the assumption? It doesn't cause me any pain, discomfort or itching, other then some slight hesitation to get my head shaved heh.

Thanks for reading!

Treemoss said:
I applied on the 14th and heard back the 18th that I've been selected for further processing. This leads into my first question. Does timing matter? I was under the assumption that I'd have to wait a month or 2 like my other applications... is this a good sign of a fast application process or just good luck so far? When I called they said it was priority trade which I thought strange.

A "priority trade" is just that: a priority for your CFRC and is likely the reason your application is being processed so fast. My CFAT was completed in a prior application as well but I have to wait longer for my interview and medical because my trade is not a priority. This does not necessarily mean you have a better chance of being offered a position though.

Treemoss said:
Anyways, when I called my local RC I got the ball rolling. I alerted the recruiter that I've done previous applications and passed the CFAT for the med tech position several years ago. She said that's perfect and I should hear back in a week or so since she has to "research" my file. Second question, do I have to do the CFAT again, or the health assessment for that matter, since I've already completed both? I'm hearing mixed things about whether they keep stuff on file.. varying from 6 months to 10 years according to a currently serving friend.

The CFAT is good for life. Currently medicals are good for 1 year.

Treemoss said:
My last question. I'm pretty sure it's not psoriasis, but recently the front portion of my scalp developed a few small patches of redness that sometimes flake if i pick at them. Will they not accept me into the CF on the assumption? It doesn't cause me any pain, discomfort or itching, other then some slight hesitation to get my head shaved heh.

Your recruiter or one of the CFRC medical staff is your best resource for this question.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for the response!

I'm still hoping that the application process runs pretty quick though :). My friend got merit listed the other day after his appeal went through. We went to school together and work at the same crap ambulance service, so it's my hope we can get sworn in and do basic together. It's also good to know I won't have to do the CFAT again heh.

As for the health assessment, I haven't been diagnosed with anything and it isn't impairing my ability to do anything at all. Really hoping they don't say no to me, and yes to someone who just graduated high school and still needs to do the college portion of the profession -.-

Back