• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

recent cfat and interview.

Freeze said:
I would not assume this. From my understanding an interview isn't necessarily denied due to your results on you CFAT. A career councilor will have a talk with you regardless if you make it in or not, to discuss the good and the bad. The Canadian Forces want new members. And if one was successful at the application, background check, and medical portions, but showed signs of weakness in the CFAT, then it would be beneficial to the CF to schedule an interview with you, and discuss you triumphs, and your weaknesses, in order to establish what you need to improve on prior to your second try. (If you try again)

Never assume. You'll make an @ss of you and me. ***-U-ME

Cheers
                                   Jimmy

There was one guy who wrote the CFAT in my group who didn't get the interview he wanted. Upon conclusion of the testing we were ushered out into the waiting room. About five minutes go by and he was called into a room by a recruited. Two minutes after that he walks out, said he didn't pass his test and left. I would suspect that he would be permitted another test. I don't know if there is a time frame he would need to wait before he could reapply and have a second opportunity to write the CFAT again.

When I did my CFAT in Montréal, we were 13 people. After the CFAT was over, they called four people up to the front, gave them their files, and told them to go to the fourth floor. After they had left and closed the door behind them, the person conducting the tests said in a very matter-of-fact manner, "the rest of you passed".

Snaketnk said:
When I did my CFAT in Montréal, we were 13 people. After the CFAT was over, they called four people up to the front, gave them their files, and told them to go to the fourth floor. After they had left and closed the door behind them, the person conducting the tests said in a very matter-of-fact manner, "the rest of you passed".

After I did mine last week, also in Montréal, the captain told the two others to go to the 4th floor. Then he only told me to go downstairs to get my appointments for interview and medical. I guess I passed but I was told they won't tell us anything about our results.

We were told we passed, and told to go downstairs to schedule our interview/medical, and then after my interview (which came after my medical) I was shown my test results. The person who conducted my interview also commented on my scores. I asked if I could write down my scores, and I was told no.  I didn't question why.

Hi again,

It has been a while since my last update so I will let you all know that I recently was issued my kit, military id and  I have a BMQ scheduled for November 17.
I have been very fortunate in that I have been allowed to attend our parade nights as a no-hook private recruit. I have only great things to say so far of the experience and know that I have made the right decision. I am very impressed at how well everyone gets along, It really is interesting how such a large group of people can get along yet when I am punching away at my civvy job you can hardly find even a small group of people that would go the extra mile for each other.
I am trying to establish a time line of training so that I can work towards my  goal of serving overseas. I know that at this point making that type of a statement seems bold and maybe even a little arrogant but if I can establish the goals then I have something to shoot for. Since I have not completed my BMQ it has been a problem in signing up for some of the courses available but last night I was able to sign up for the air brake course so at least it is a start.
The guys and gals that make up my my section are quite exceptional, many with experience overseas so I am fortunate to be their company. I have a lot to learn.

Munxcub said:
And if 30 seconds isn't enough time to figure out a grade 10 math problem? what about if they are leading a convoy and it hits an IED or is ambushed? a lot less time to figure stuff out...

It's difficult though for people who are just rusty on grade 10 math. If you've been out of school for a while and didn't brush up on it before the test you might be in trouble. I was told by many in the military not to study at all and I'd be fine. I found an old college math text though and spent several hours brushing up my skills. I am sure if I hadn't done that I would have failed. My time would have been too slow.

Snaketnk said:
We were told we passed, and told to go downstairs to schedule our interview/medical, and then after my interview (which came after my medical) I was shown my test results. The person who conducted my interview also commented on my scores. I asked if I could write down my scores, and I was told no.  I didn't question why.

I'm so curious as to how I did on mine but we were told before we even took the test that we would not be given the results. They said the results could be misleading and that we would only be told if we scored well enough for our chosen occupation. I was told I did well enough for AVN or RMS so I assume that means I did ok but I'd love to know how ok. I assume it stays in your file for others to see so it'd be nice to know. 

Back