• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCMP Info, discussion

Fry said:
I didn't have much volunteer experience... resume isn't that much really, basically the big obstacles are the test score and interview. If you're fit, honest, you shouldn't have a problem with the other sections.

But you also fill their difficult to find "origin: the rock" line serial  ;D

So are you saying you are in the Game?  Did you get an offer to go to Depot?

No, they're doing the background check.

Recruits from 'the rock' aren't hard to find at all. The ones they need are mainly women and any ethnic minority, first nations people, etc.

And he will most certainly need that outfit if he's ever posted to Ft Nelson, BC.

That pic will come back someday.

But yeah. Any girls considering joining the mounties, will go ahead a hell of a lot faster than white males(which are the highest percentage of applicants). If you're of an ethnic minority, then you're in just as much, if not more demand.

Im off to depot next month. Should be a hoot. 6mos in glorious regina. :crybaby:

Really? Nice, nice. How long did your background investigation take?

hmmm. My background started in Nov and ended in Feb- then I had a couple "issues to resolve". Brings us to march. Squared that away and got my call beginning of april for my class date.

so if they're just starting now, I've at least the summer here yet. correct?

Hey Fry hope your background goes well.
Mine has just started as well.

Hey Screw, do you know if that is the regular length for a background?
How many jobs in the last 10 years and places lived?

Check out this guys site.  Very interesting!
http://www.geocities.com/rcmprecruit/index.html

Safeman

Before they started your background did you recieve a letter saying you ould expect to be in class by a certain date? I did. It said it would be november and it worked out to may. I would say your background will take the usual 4-8 weeks.Then a "final review" another 2 weeks, final PARE blah blah blah Classes in depot are filled until June right now so your looking at July at the earliest.

My file manager said it was a normal length for a background check. As for amount of places lived I had moved about once a year. So I had alot of places for them to check on me at. Less places youve lived quicker it goes. But then again- Im out in K DIV alberta. We have a pretty quick turn over for apps here apparently.

Screw,
I have my next Pare booked for May 12.
I want to get in before July if possible.
When did you get your notice how many weeks before you start depot?
Safeman

Doesn't bother me, I would prefer to start sometime this summer

They phoned after everything was completed and told me my date- which was about 6 weeks away- and said If I didnt take that date that I could choose any week after the middle of june.They are starting classes every week apparently. That sounded like alot but she was the file manager.

Thats Pretty Sweet Screw!

Nice of them to give you at least 6 weeks notice.

I have a business I am going to have to sell. So I hope they give me 6 weeks.

One word of advice I could offer you is run, run , run and when your tired run some more.

I have been talking to some recent grads from the past 3 years and they say run as much as you can now to get in shape.

Best of luck!

Keep an eye on here and I will let you know how I make out.

I have only had 2 jobs and 2 addresses in the last 10 years so hopefully it won't  take 3 months for my background.
Safeman

I am graduating from Depot this weekend.  Don't count on getting 6 weeks notice, I know guys that got as little as 5 days notice.  Also, take that advice about running.  it blows my mind that people spend over a year in the process to get here, and then fail the PARE in the first week and get sent home, but it happens quite regularly.  Good luck to all,

Stu

Graduating eh? How much money did you spend there, and did you really find it painfully difficult there, or was there a bit of fun inbetween everything?

Fry said:
Recruits from 'the rock' aren't hard to find at all. The ones they need are mainly women and any ethnic minority, first nations people, etc.

Being female hasn't helped me any....

Just heard from a few contacts, they have been contacted.
So things are moving ahead.
Safeman

countryski said:
Being female hasn't helped me any....

Miss he didnt mean anything by it.  But there are specific differences- females and minorities are not required to score as high on the RPAT. Based on the fact that they are in higher demand the us folks. Not a big deal to me, and I dont think to fry either- some peope make an issue out of it though. Sour grapes mostly.

Back