• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCAF 100 - Name the Eagle Mascot

As the Bald Eagle is most closely associated with the Pacific Northwest, and the Coast Salish who have a long history of honouring the eagle, it would make sense to name it 'Vision' (same spelling in both English and French) of course ;)

Four Feathers​

The four sections of this guide represent traditional stages of learning: vision, gathering, knowledge, and sharing. Feathers are sacred for Coast Salish peoples (Charles, 2018), and each section has its own feathered bird that serves as a symbol for that stage:

Eagle/QELENSEN: Vision​

Two bald eagles sitting on top of a tree

The Eagle is a sacred symbol to Indigenous people. The eagle is the leader of all flying birds. The eagle is the strongest, has the greatest vision, is well-balanced, soars through the skies, and the eagle flies the highest to carry messages of prayer to our Creator/XALS.
Also, ties in with “eagle eyes”

As the Bald Eagle is most closely associated with the Pacific Northwest, and the Coast Salish who have a long history of honouring the eagle, it would make sense to name it 'Vision' (same spelling in both English and French) of course ;)

Four Feathers​

The four sections of this guide represent traditional stages of learning: vision, gathering, knowledge, and sharing. Feathers are sacred for Coast Salish peoples (Charles, 2018), and each section has its own feathered bird that serves as a symbol for that stage:

Eagle/QELENSEN: Vision​

Two bald eagles sitting on top of a tree

The Eagle is a sacred symbol to Indigenous people. The eagle is the leader of all flying birds. The eagle is the strongest, has the greatest vision, is well-balanced, soars through the skies, and the eagle flies the highest to carry messages of prayer to our Creator/XALS.
That’s actually really good, and I’ll submit that.

Is it most closely associated with them? I grew up on PEI had had a Bald Eagle nest across the road from my home... I knew what a Bald Eagle was before I new the Left Coast existed.
Bald Eagles live pretty much all over North America.

1704427833677.jpg

Is it most closely associated with them? I grew up on PEI had had a Bald Eagle nest across the road from my home... I knew what a Bald Eagle was before I new the Left Coast existed.
Does the Left Coast truly exist?

Back