• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rarest piece of kit I've ever seen

The scarf is a handy piece of kit... and good for about a million things too...

I still bring it with me into the field in my ruck.. just in case...

those Garrison Combats look like some kinda Russian Camo thing...  the first thing i thought when i saw them was "spetznas"?

cheers

i havent seen too much really rare kit... though i saw some classic old shooting glasses in connaught in the cadet QM. the kind that john goodman wore in the big lebowski

Back to the Tan Combat uniform, I have posted additional information and a photo here:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/40364.0.html

You will find that most of the Tan Combat uniforms available for sale in Canadian surplus stores are disfigured with a black felt-penned "D" inside the collar or the lower back.  The "D" indicating that the uniform has been "Demilitarized" for crown assets sale as surplus government goods.

Regarding the OG Nylon Para Smocks, there are some decent photos and discussion in the following thread in the Equipment/Uniforms forum: 

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/39192.0.html

When it comes to locating a Canadian OG Para Smock in decent condition for a reasonable price, my experience has been that eBay is your friend.  That is where I acquired both of mine (in very good to excellent condition) for under $150 USD apiece.  One came from the U.S., the other from a Canadian seller.  Just keep an eye on the "Collectibles", "Militaria" forum and do a weekly search with the key words "Canada", "Canadian", and "Smock".  One will eventually turn up.  The trick is to find an example of the OG Nylon smock in decent condition.  After all, most are now more than 50 years old.....

Hopefully this post and the above links will shed some light on those increasingly rare Canadian items.

Mine's not that 'rare' but on the subject of US kit that still has name tags, etc. on them I have a M65 jacket in woodland camo, that still has a full set of tapes on them.  Name, captain's bars, two sets of wings (jump and ???), and the shoulder badge for the 25th Infantry Div.    Paid $20 for it at a second hand clothing store!

Woodland M65 jackets aren't rare at all. An its pretty common to see used BDUs with SSI, qual badges, etc on them. Most people remove their name tapes though. Some stores remove the badges an try to sell the seperatly too.

Nieghorn, the other pair of wings on that jacket might be Air Assualt. They look like jump wings, only instead of a parachute in the middle, its a Helicopter(huey I think).

Its great seeing surplus stores putting on US Army SSI, Marine jump wings an rank(sometimes USAF) an trying to pass it off as a US Army SF uniform or something.

WCST said:
Guy, I'm pregnant and a little hormonal now, so I'll try to be polite.

Women don't become HUGE the second they become pregnant. It takes a while to 'show' if you will. During that time, the only two choices we have are the dress of the day, or the tents they issue us.

A lot of women would prefer to be comfortable while carrying some man's seed, and a big part of that is the clothing we wear. Maternity combats are perfectly fine, and in accordance with dress regs. If you don't like it, become the CDS and change it.

M :brickwall:

Just to expand on your comment. I have seen a lot of guys who look like they need maternity combats too. Yes I am looking at all you fat beer bellies out there. 

I actually saw a guy once who had the "maternity" panel sewn in to his shirt.  ::)
Shudder!!!!

Hunter said:
Last year I took a recruit to get kitted out at NDHQ and he was issued a brand new old school coat with the corduroy collar.  I think it must have been just out of the wrapper, it had no name in it and it looked like it had never been issued to anyone.

I had one of those old school coats with the corduroy collar this year (2006). However I gave it in for a Cadpat jacket.  The technology in the cadpat jacket is superior, including the  simple things like underarm zippers, and hideaway hood.

mover1 said:
Just to expand on your comment. I have seen a lot of guys who look like they need maternity combats too. Yes I am looking at all you fat beer bellies out there. 

EXPAND... BWAHAHAHA!!  even if that was unintentional....coffee everywhere!

Mike Bobbitt said:
P.S. I remember my corduroy collared combat jacket fondly. It was all I ever wore!
:eek:

I remember ....
Combat jackets
Black gas masks
Piss pot helmets
Only one style of combat boot
nylon rain gear
etc etc.....you guys talking old style this old style that...holy crap it didn't go out of the sysetem that long ago. The airforce was never issued nor were they ever entitled to green gortex jackets. Yes we were issued blue, but a lot of the bases had a no mixing of Blue and green together. So we were sitll wearing our green old school jackets even as late as last year. So yes there are some sitll in their wrappers because they were still in stock.

I guess I am a dinosaur. But with cadpat rain gear.

Mover, actually...us Tac Hel folks got our own OD107 goretex versions of the blue goretex in 99/2000 (called TACoWWs - Tac Avn Cold Wet Weather System, vice the CAG ECoWWS)  I worked with the DAR 6 and DSSPM folks to get that after the Army was kind enought to lend Tac Hel guys in Bosnia some of the first-gen UOR Goretex stuff (not the IECS).

Rare kit....hmm...how many of us were issued the old bottle green "Comrade Coat" with black curly wool collar?  I have one packed away in the attic somewhere...along with the green-flapped fur pillow hat...

Cheers,
Duey

CF astrakhan?...... hehe..... now that's rare.
I know it's in my storage locker somewhere - saw it a couple of years ago ;)

I was issued that stuff as well and told "not to wear it around the wing" It was issued for my tour to Mirage. I didn't need it except for only a night or two when it was "cold"
I understand that it there was AF OD green stuff however it wasn't a widespread issue. Why issue it if you fix F-18s in your workdress and coveralls....
I was never issued the comrade coat. I still have my 1952 trigger mits and my chopper gloves.
Do you still have your Ascot?!?!?

lots of ascots.... from several units/branches....
Still wear em on occasion with Mufti

Ascot yes...and a work dress jacket with sewn on unit crest to boot...does that make it rare?  ???

Cheers,
Duey

X Royal said:
Actually I stick by my original post.
As he is a paid advertiser it is Mike's choice as to what is acceptable.
My point was by using his business name as a user name & posting links it can not be considered a non advertisement.
As a sponsor I wish him the best of luck as we know this site would not be here without them.

Best Wishes to All

Walk slowly and carry a big sticky...  ;D
CF DPM shirt
normal_stock_028.jpg

Back to the topic the rarest kit I have seen was a 19 set for sale last time I saw one I was removing it from a Sherman tank.

Regards OLD F of S

Rare kit
ICE, the new combat gloves, small packs, tac vests
;D maybe thats just my base qm  ;D

ARMY ISSUE said:
Walk slowly and carry a big sticky...  ;D
CF DPM shirt
normal_stock_028.jpg
Now that is a rare piece of kit. Even rarer if human sized and even rarer are the pants in this pattern especially if human :cdn:

Back