• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rarest piece of kit I've ever seen

Trinity said:
BRAND NEW

TAN -old style combat coat with the corduroy collar
(the one tess loves cause he says its the only time you can
wear corduroy in the army and get away with it)

Just like the OD green combat coat.. but totally in tan...

I was dumbfounded.  Never seen them in 13 years.  Just
cleared out of a depot and onto surplus. 

I saw something like the once a little while ago.  But it wasn't the coat it was the actual shirt. I saw it once and haven't seen it since.

An old friend of mine in Cadets had an old combat jacket with the chord collar. Just as well, he had a 17 Wing Hurk name tag on it with his name stitched on... I actually think my sister has one of those jackets too.

ah the maternity combats. I saw them at an old surplus store. My question is Why? seriously, Why?

How rare would you call the old Garrison uniform? I have my dads old jacket i use as a light jacket in the warmer seasons. somewhere i have his old Garrison boots and belt thats hanging in my closet...

Oh, now that I think about it, First Gulf War Canadian desert combats. I have only seen them in some pictures from Kuwait.

Guy. E said:
An old friend of mine in Cadets had an old combat jacket with the chord collar. Just as well, he had a 17 Wing Hurk name tag on it with his name stitched on... I actually think my sister has one of those jackets too.

ah the maternity combats. I saw them at an old surplus store. My question is Why? seriously, Why?

So pregnant women at work can be properly dressed in the Dress of the Day.  What part don't you understand?

I hope you removed all the insignia from Dad's jacket, including the CANADA titles, before wearing it outside of the house.

I've seen pictures of the tan combats from ops on Somalia and Gulf War I.

Edit:  The vehicle commander on the cover of David Bercuson's Significant Incident is wearing tan combats.

Guy. E said:
How rare would you call the old Garrison uniform?

Not that rare, atleast the camo jacket. I've seen a lot of them in most surplus stores. I've seen a pair of pants in the same camo pattern as the jacket, not sure if its a real item or a custom made one.

Never understood the attraction to wearing old military jackets, etc out around the city, etc.

Some of the rarest pieces of kit I've seen in my Reserve units QM, radios, antennas, machetes, etc from 1942 - 1970s. An some old Cold War era Soviet Armour an Aircraft posters.

Michael Dorosh said:
So pregnant women at work can be properly dressed in the Dress of the Day.  What part don't you understand?

I hope you removed all the insignia from Dad's jacket, including the CANADA titles, before wearing it outside of the house.

I would think that there could be something more appropriate then maternity combats. I guess i thought wrong.

As for the old jacket, the only things that I removed form the jacket are the old Cpl hooks and the crossed rifles(unfortunately lost now). The 1CER (?) Ram, EME badges up by the the shoulder seam (that I think cover the "Canada" ones) and name are still in tact. I also have a Royal Canadian Air Farce Chicken Cannon badge (I got direct from CBC) on the right arm/ shoulder and a different unrelated badge on the left breast above the pocket.

This has already been discussed a wile back and as then and now, I do not plan on removing anything form it be it the "Canada" badges the goat or even at any time covering my Canada tattoo on my right wrist.

If you haven't earned the EME, CER an CMBG badges remove them.

MikeL said:
Not that rare, atleast the camo jacket. I've seen a lot of them in most surplus stores. I've seen a pair of pants in the same camo pattern as the jacket, not sure if its a real item or a custom made one.

I know it was an old joke that Garrison Dress was the "duck hunter's" camouflage or a "Canadian Tire" uniform, but didn't Canadian Tire actually sell civilian hunting equipment in the same pattern?

Guy, I'm pregnant and a little hormonal now, so I'll try to be polite.

Women don't become HUGE the second they become pregnant. It takes a while to 'show' if you will. During that time, the only two choices we have are the dress of the day, or the tents they issue us.

A lot of women would prefer to be comfortable while carrying some man's seed, and a big part of that is the clothing we wear. Maternity combats are perfectly fine, and in accordance with dress regs. If you don't like it, become the CDS and change it.

M :brickwall:

MikeL said:
If you haven't earned the EME or CER badges remove them.

He has the right to look like a moron if he really wants to.  I've seen drifters and homeless people in Garrison Dress jackets, that's who I associate it with now. *shrugs*

The law says you can't wear current issue uniforms with current issue insignia, so unless Garrison Dress is still on the books, he's not commiting an offence to anything but good taste and common sense, as well assaulting the dignity of his father's uniform.  But if he doesn't care about that, why should we.

Rams head has nothing to do with 1CER, more like Bder patch.
no offense to the EME but CME & EME don't mix on the same jacket
and those badges should all come off before someone steps out of the house

This will be the last post regarding this jacket:

on each shoulder on a purple badge in yellow writing is Electrical Mechanical Engineer/ Genie Electrique Mechanique. Under that on the right side is a white ram head with a white 1 in a red dot. Looking on the inside, actually under the EME, it looks like there is a Canada badge stitched under it.

One of the reasons i am joining the CF is so that Canadians can live in this country and do what they please when they please within reason. Is it that bad if i want to have an old jacket I am proud of and ware it most where ever whenever I want within reason? I sure as hell hope not

Everything is staying exactly where it is.

That is the last on that subject.

I just wanna take this in a slightly different direction, but this one time in an attic I found an old Prussian bayonet for a muzzle loading gun from the early to mid 1800. I have only ever seen one other like it and it was just a wee bit shorter. What I think makes it rare is that it has no slide grove on it. weird....

How about the old (1950's era) CF jump smock in nylon, solid green?  They're rare now.

redleafjumper said:
How about the old (1950's era) CF jump smock in nylon, solid green?  They're rare now.

Ya those are rare! I've only seen one in person, and that was at a arms and militaria show here in Victoria. i was so tempted to buy it but didn't have the money the guy was asking for it.(he was asking $350.00 for it! :crybaby:) i wish i could get one. but for a bit more reasonable.(like $100-$200).  :)

and on that subject of wearing old Canadian badges, i don't think it matters as long as the individual were them with respect and maturity.(i myself were a old set of subdued red leaf Canadian jump wings on my flight jacket. not as a poser but as a symbol of my love and interest of the Canadian airborne forces!)  :salute: :cdn:

cadettrooper said:
and on that subject of wearing old Canadian badges, i don't think it matters as long as the individual were them with respect and maturity.(i myself were a old set of subdued red leaf Canadian jump wings on my flight jacket. not as a poser but as a symbol of my love and interest of the Canadian airborne forces!)  :salute: :cdn:

PLEASE.... no one start.

Trooper.. it has nothing to do with maturity... it has everything to do with a small
thing called the law. 

Can we NOT hijack the thread into QR&O's. 
(even though it looks like I just did... I was trying to prevent hijacking through.. um
hijacking it first!!!!  ;))

Back to rare pieces of kit

Michael Dorosh said:
I know it was an old joke that Garrison Dress was the "duck hunter's" camouflage or a "Canadian Tire" uniform, but didn't Canadian Tire actually sell civilian hunting equipment in the same pattern?
Never seen anything else in that pattern before

Anyways
Found a pic of the Garrison Jacket and pants in the same pattern.

http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/2636/camo4gw.jpg

alright sorry about that i was just trying to add my $0.02.

But your right lets get back to rare kit!

MikeL said:
Never seen anything else in that pattern before

Anyways
Found a pic of the Garrison Jacket and pants in the same pattern.

http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/2636/camo4gw.jpg
and speaking of rare kit wow! garrison pants! i would kill for a pair of those! :salute: :cdn:

Trinity said:
HA....

insert foot... open mouth
Actually I stick by my original post.
As he is a paid advertiser it is Mike's choice as to what is acceptable.
My point was by using his business name as a user name & posting links it can not be considered a non advertisement.
As a sponsor I wish him the best of luck as we know this site would not be here without them.

Best Wishes to All

Back