• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rank and Pay?

top4u20

Inactive
Reaction score
I  just wanted to bring this up again in case someone might know? Not sure how much of this is cut in stone? If at all. Im going to fully presume it will all depend on your PLAR and qualifications but anyway here is my background and future plan and if anyone can give me the min it would be great. Im released at present and was in for just under seven years. QL5 trained Cpl. I will be (hopefully) re-enlisting within the next six months...been out for couple of months now. Is there a min as to what I would return as ? Cpl? Pte? I was a Cpl 3 when I released with spec pay. Will I get my past years? Can they put me down as Pte? Basically I presume anything is possible but mainly wondering if there is a standard on this or is it wide open? Thanks.
PS....Personally just be glad to get back in.

If you re-enrol in the same occupation and under 12 months I would "guess" that you would likely be granted your Cpl's same IC you had prior to your release. However I am fluent with re-enrolements and their requirements as such so perhaps someone from CFRG or a CFRC could provide more concrete information.

Thanks for the reply PO2FinClk, I will be re-enrolling in another trade. Thats why I was wondering if there is any sort of stipulation as to what you would be entitled too as a minimum. I know there have been several threads on this but from what I was reading it looks like it will mainly depend on PLAR etc. I guess the possibility for me is to expect the worst and hope for the best. I figure the worst would be Pte trained and P3 wage.

Since I hate starting new threads...
I am currently a Infantry Reservist, for 3 years. I have served the last 1.5 years with 2rcr, doing work up training, and then the tour (task force 1-07) I am currently a Cpl 0, I want to go MSE OP. My question, would I have to do SQ again? As, I have the reserve course, but I also have a combat tour, so that should be soldier qualified enough?Thanks.

J-Swift said:
Since I hate starting new threads...
I am currently a Infantry Reservist, for 3 years. I have served the last 1.5 years with 2rcr, doing work up training, and then the tour (task force 1-07) I am currently a Cpl 0, I want to go MSE OP. My question, would I have to do SQ again? As, I have the reserve course, but I also have a combat tour, so that should be soldier qualified enough?Thanks.

No, SQ is a nationally recognized qualification. You will not need to redo it. Any other career courses that you have done (QL 3/QL 5 etc) will also remain on your MPRR for the duration.

Back