• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

R/C Aircraft

Scothern

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all, hopefully this isn't a dumb a question as I think it is but I'll ask anyway.  ::)

I want to get started in Radio Controlled Airplanes, and was wondering if anyone knows if it's ok or a "really bad idea" to fly them on base?

Thanks

Depends what base you are on. Only speaking from experience in Cold Lake there was a club for R/C enthusiasts they used various soccer feilds on and around the base.

Check your local Routine and Base Standing Orders or better yet join a club.

Yeah, the only problem is I'm trying to find things to do to keep me occupied here, instead of driving all the time, and I think the nearest clubs are all over 100km away.  I'll check the standing orders though and see if it's brought up.

Jon Lemon said:
Hi all, hopefully this isn't a dumb a question as I think it is but I'll ask anyway.   ::)

I want to get started in Radio Controlled Airplanes, and was wondering if anyone knows if it's ok or a "really bad idea" to fly them on base?

Thanks

Bring 'em down to the range for a C6 shoot.  Can't promise you'll still have one at the end of the day, but re-building them will be "something to keep you occupied" :)

48Highlander said:
Bring 'em down to the range for a C6 shoot.  Can't promise you'll still have one at the end of the day, but re-building them will be "something to keep you occupied" :)

If I did that it would have to go both ways though... get some WES equipment so I can shoot up people doing CMTC serials here  ::)

I'd recommend finding a club. Flying RC isn't necessarily the easiest thing to teach yourself, and you'll benefit from an instructor. Crashing your shiney new investment on it's first flight because you don't know how to land it is not fun.

Further, there are a lot of regulations on where and what you can fly, plus you need model aircraft insurance. Joining and flying at a club, will help you a lot in those respects.

go to http://www.maac.ca/ and check out 'clubs' and other information.

Back