• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Quick question from a student.

wasion92

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey first time poster and just have a quick question!

I am 17 and completing my last year of high school, my grandfather fought with the Americans in Vietnam as a Sergeant with the Infantry and it is something I have great interest in keeping within the family. So I have decided to join Regular Forces after I complete High school.

My question is, from what I understand Infantry happens to be full currently can anyone confirm this? and if this is the case would it be a possibility to go down to the recruitment office and open a file and get the required testing done so when they do start training more infantryman I would be able to get a call? Or would I just have to keep updated on whats open and apply when they do start taking in more people?

I hope I was clear if not I'll do my best to clarify.

Why not just call your local recruit centre and get the latest and greatest information from the appropriate sources? That way you will know what the official word is.

Milnet.Ca Staff

I do intend to go down and talk to a recruiter personally in the next few days, how ever I thought I would throw the question out there as well to see if I could get any responses.

Never hurts to ask in my opinion.

If you apply now and get all your testing done early you will not have to worry about it. If you wait to long and there is a glitch in your process that slows it all down then you might miss your chance as the trade will fill up fast.
My  :2c:

No that's true but you will find some of your answers already here :D

Ok Ex-Dragoon you have a point, I shall browse around a bit and see what I can find.  :)

wasion92 said:
Hey first time poster and just have a quick question!

I am 17 and completing my last year of high school, my grandfather fought with the Americans in Vietnam as a Sergeant with the Infantry and it is something I have great interest in keeping within the family. So I have decided to join Regular Forces after I complete High school.

My question is, from what I understand Infantry happens to be full currently can anyone confirm this? and if this is the case would it be a possibility to go down to the recruitment office and open a file and get the required testing done so when they do start training more infantryman I would be able to get a call? Or would I just have to keep updated on whats open and apply when they do start taking in more people?

I hope I was clear if not I'll do my best to clarify.
A friend of mine has started his testings already for infantry, but remember that there may be several people already done their testings, waiting for the first openings. So I doubt you would be getting a call any earlier than, say, June, because that trade has lots of competition now.

Back