• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Quick Question about applying

StevePoole

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
So I want to apply as an infantry soldier in the reg force. I have talked to two recruiters who both gave me a different answer on the same question, and I was wondering if anyone could clear this up. my question is:

If the trade is closed (as infantry is) can you still apply for that position, or do you have to wait until it is open to apply?
One recruiter told me you have to wait until the trade is open and the other said you can apply and your application will be considered when the trade opens up... So I am a little confused.

Thanks for your time,
Steve

You can apply, but your application will not be processed for infantry (processed, but sitting in a bin somewhere), until a spot opens up, which is also why they prefer you list 2 other occupation interests, so that if one is closed, and if one of the other 2 are open, you can get a potential job offer.

Combat Engineer is open.
Have you looked at that trade?
Its still in the combat arms, and overseas you will be working right next to the infantry.
Plus your the guy with a backpack full of explosives, if that is your sort of thing.

You can see what trades are open here:
http://www.forces.ca/en/jobexplorer/browsejobs-70

Yes I have. It seems interesting although Its always been a dream of mine to work in the infantry. Hopefully it will open up in April.

I believe that Infantry is open NOW...

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/105067.0.html

KeoughJ said:
Was speaking to a recruiter at the National Recruitment Centre and they he said that they are now processing applicant who applied for Infantry now.

Processing Applicants and being open aren't the same thing I believe. There are many, many, current applications for Infantry Soldiers and they may be processing those (or some of those). I do know someone who was offered a job for the Infantry not too long ago. That doesn't mean though that they're accepting new applications. According to the website, they are not. But best bet as always would be to call the CFRC.

Trick said:
Processing Applicants and being open aren't the same thing I believe. There are many, many, current applications for Infantry Soldiers and they may be processing those (or some of those). I do know someone who was offered a job for the Infantry not too long ago. That doesn't mean though that they're accepting new applications. According to the website, they are not. But best bet as always would be to call the CFRC.

Actually, processing does not occur, unless the occupation is OPEN...  No point in processing for occupations which are closed and they can't refuse your application.

so is it best to apply before it is open? or wait till it is open to apply

DAA said:
Actually, processing does not occur, unless the occupation is OPEN...  No point in processing for occupations which are closed and they can't refuse your application.

Yeah you may be right, but I was under the impression for something like Infantry where the have tons of apps and few spots that perhaps they weren't taking new apps, just processing the current ones. As always, best bet is to call the RC.

Back