• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question on OPME's

Tango18A said:
This wasn't the case for HIE275. The essays were only online for the week scheduled, and once started you only had 3 hours to complete.

Ah we refer to those as "discussions" because of how they are administered technically. (Through the discussion forums)

I just wanted to add a couple "tips" with these courses in DNDlearn - I'm not sure if RMC has this info in their courses or not...

• write out your long answers in notepad first. DNDLearn "times out" and if you spend an hr writing an answer, it's really infuriating to lose it when you hit submit/enter because the system logged you out.
  • don't paste text written in Word/Excel/etc - the text editor in DNDlearn really has a hard time with Microsoft formatting markup - it could "break" the discussion and will need the helpdesk to delete the post to get it working again.
  • if you attach a file don't use french characters or symbols like & or () - the database the files are saved to will not let the prof open/save the doc if you use these characters and the helpdesk will have to rename them.
  • or quizzes, if you write out your responses in notepad and try to paste them into the quiz and find right-click is disabled you can still paste with Ctrl+V
  • if you encounter trouble with the quizzes (technical issues, lockouts, freezing, connection errors etc) call/email the admin at RMC or the helpdesk. For technical issues we can reset quizzes or submit them on your behalf when applicable.
  • Update your email address in the "reply to" field of your "My Prefrences"->"Email" section on your DNDLearn homepage. If you don't do this and you use the system to send an email to the instructor/another student using the system he/she can't reply to it. (There are instructions in the RMC School page "News" )
  • If you are enrolled in more than one school and can't see the RMC School page when you log in, you can click on the left/center of the banner at the top of any page and it will take you to the DNDLearn Homepage ("the purple page"). On this page near the bottom/center you will see a list of the schools you are enrollled in. You can click on the links here to see the school home pages.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head... if I think of anything else that might be helpful for learners to know I will add it.

muffin said:
Ah we refer to those.....
Perhaps the Army.ca owner can intercede with your husband's Career Manager, so that you can stay and continue answering DNDLearn questions here..... 

Just sayin'  :whistle:

Hahah I might still be working with it in Gagetown ;)

Back