• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question here for Officer or NCM or with millitary experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDMCRX

Inactive
Reaction score
Well I am not sure how to address this but here it goes.

I enrolled in the CF as a Reg force NCM as a AVN tech in 2004 I started my course but then was pulled off course and so forth and was getting pushed around I had no millitary experience so the trades they offered me i refused and I took a VR. Released from the Reg with 2 years time into the Pres as a V tech. Now I recieved my civilian licence as a vehicle mechanic and handed a package into my unit witch took over a year to get a answer.I am currently back in the CF reg force as a PH TECH .

Now my question is. What do I have to do, to be able to wear my hook. After one year of getting tossed around, All I am  looking for out of this struggle is the right to wear my hook.

What are my options on this ordeal. If anyone could shed some light and so forth. I would greatly apprechiate it.

Josh

TCP = Time Credit Promotion as indicated on your ETP instruction. References are found in the CFP 245.

Spell Check for goodness sake!!!!
You have bigger issues than wondering if you deserve to wear a hook. When you have done your time in your new trade and have achieved your requisite qualifications, then, and only then will you be presented with your banana by your CO.

Looked on google found a few thing's but nothing that I can figure a answer out for. Someone said to ask my supervisorto check my MPRR ??

Submit a memo to your chain of command asking that your records be reviewed against the possibility of this entitlement.  No-one here can give you a definitive answer on your particular circumstances.

See my previous post.
TCP not valid in this case, not enough time in the first go 'round to make a difference

That is what I am thinking of doing. Submitting a memo up the chain of comand.

I think PTE hook is what 30 months in ?? in the reg force?

Does it really matter if you have a hook or not? I mean really, I've got three years and i still don't wear my hook it's not a huge difference whether you have one or not.

Well if you been threw what i have been threw. You would want to wear it. I waited 4 years for the trade to open up. Was on pat for a while. got removed off course and was given false promises by PSO and so forth. was released . Release messed up had to struggle to get back in PRES. In the Pres i was tossed around pretty bad. Handed in a a prior learning assessment and was lost 4 times i handed in 5 copies took over 1 year to get a answer. I could go on for hours with more BS but all i would like is to wear a hook does not mean anything to you but to me it would.

Josh

Fair enough, A hook isn't going to change anything, you will still be the same old person, but if getting a Chevron makes you feel so much better than i hope it works work for you. Keep us posted.

Will do . Thanks guys im going to hand up a memo threw my chain of comand tomorrow.

Josh

And that should do for now.  Normal caveats apply, if you think you've got something useful to add on the original question.

Army.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back