• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about the small pack system

Pte Pea said:
Once I get out to BC in about a month, I'll be using it as a book bag for school.

*cough*cough*gay!*cough...

Reference facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4901743129

Nothing says "Yay me!" like a CADPAT backpack on civvie street...

Hey hey hey I resent that comment! I've got CADPAT bags and... Oh wait I guess I'm okay...part of the job I guess.

Wonderbread said:
*cough*cough*gay!*cough...

Reference facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4901743129

Nothing says "Yay me!" like a CADPAT backpack on civvie street...

Unless I am mistaken, Pte Pea is doing the PCP portion of his MedTech QL3 course which is a civvie course done in combats.  So it isn't THAT gay.  Just hope he doesn't carry it around in public out of uniform too...cause THAT would be gay.

DM

DiverMedic said:
Unless I am mistaken, Pte Pea is doing the PCP portion of his MedTech QL3 course which is a civvie course done in combats.  So it isn't THAT gay.  Just hope he doesn't carry it around in public out of uniform too...cause THAT would be gay.

DM

Don't tell me that I'm going to have to join that group now ... just to go in and post that the SPS certainly is allowed to be worn with civvies??

It may not look good, but it is allowed; and heck -- it's functional too!! Who'd ever think it?

Oh, and Pte Pea ... is a she. And, I'm pretty sure that the PCP portion of her course that she's doing in BC -- is done in her "On Car" uniform ... not cadpats.

::)

ArmyVern said:
I'm pretty sure that the PCP portion of her course that she's doing in BC -- is done in her "On Car" uniform ... not cadpats.

AFAIK, only the ride alongs are done in On Car uniforms.  The rest is done in CADPAT.

PMedMoe said:
AFAIK, only the ride alongs are done in On Car uniforms.  The rest is done in CADPAT.

Fair enough -- either way she's allowed to use her SPS, and when in civvies too.

ArmyVern said:
Don't tell me that I'm going to have to join that group now ... just to go in and post that the SPS certainly is allowed to be worn with civvies??

It may not look good, but it is allowed; and heck -- it's functional too!! Who'd ever think it?

Oh, and Pte Pea ... is a she. And, I'm pretty sure that the PCP portion of her course that she's doing in BC -- is done in her "On Car" uniform ... not cadpats.

::)

Never said it wasn't allowed.  Just that it looks like crap.  ;)

Sorry Pte, Pea, didn't mean the gender mix.  Didn't look and assumed.  My mistake.

And as already stated, the course is in CADPAT and the on-car is now in the civvie type uniform as of AUG07. 

DM

The pack isn't even that good of a PT kitbag really.  I went back to using a civie Adidas bag. 

The small pack is an OK FIRST generation pack. It beat what we had before. Remember what that was? Oh, yeah. Nothing.

There are alot of better packs out there now, and in CADPAT even.

It is also a more than adequate cycling pack if you bike to work.

Quick release capability would be nice for the field.

DiverMedic said:
Never said it wasn't allowed.  Just that it looks like crap.  ;)

That bit of my post was in ref to the Facebook site that you linked to:

"SASPAS" Students Against Small Packs at School :):))--- where a bunch of kids are citing QR&Os stating the SPS isn't authorized for wear -- (the QR&O that states that you can't mix uniform parts with civvy dress).

No worries, I stepped in to point out the error of their ways in that the SPS is not ... a uniform.  ;)

(Had to post there as the guy who started that particluar Facebook group hasn't been active here for about a year ... )

I'll be doing my PCP portion of my QL3's out in BC at a civilian institute, but we will be wearing combats to school each day. (except for when we're on-car, and wearing the appropriate on-car uniform) So I don't think there's anything silly about wearing a military bag, with my military uniform. Although, many a small pack are used in civi's at the gym here in borden, since most arrive in combats with their PT gear inside.

I'll be doing my PCP portion of my QL3's out in BC at a civilian institute, but we will be wearing combats to school each day. (except for when we're on-car, and wearing the appropriate on-car uniform) So I don't think there's anything silly about wearing a military bag, with my military uniform. Although, many a small pack are used in civi's at the gym here in borden, since most arrive in combats with their PT gear inside.

Seen. I assumed that you were PRes going to school outside of the army.

One of my pet peeves is seeing small packs and civvies. On (or on the way to the) base or to the gym, thats fine. But with non-PT civvie clothes at school, at the mall, ect. I maintain that while technically allowed, its still gay.  It's up there with grocery shopping in combats, or driving from Pet to Toronto in combats for the long weekend.  I know the QR&Os are very specific about what's against the rules and whats allowed, but some things are still flaming regardless. Wearing ballistic eyewear with civvies is another example. "They're free sunglasses" is no excuse for looking like a wiener.

What's wrong with grocery shopping in combats?  I know after work, Moncion's in Pet is packed with CADPAT stopping in for quick meal fixings on the way home

DM

Wonderbread said:

One of my pet peeves is seeing small packs and civvies. On (or on the way to the) base or to the gym, thats fine. But with non-PT civvie clothes at school, at the mall, ect. I maintain that while technically allowed, its still gay.  It's up there with grocery shopping in combats, or driving from Pet to Toronto in combats for the long weekend.  I know the QR&Os are very specific about what's against the rules and whats allowed, but some things are still flaming regardless. Wearing ballistic eyewear with civvies is another example. "They're free sunglasses" is no excuse for looking like a wiener.

I agree with my delicious counterpart here...

CADPAT is ugly, and shopping or driving long distances in uniform (on leave) is equally distasteful. I personally think people that wear smallpacks and other army kit on civi time do so because they are too awkward in society to come up with good civilian style for themselves!!

popnfresh said:

CADPAT is ugly, and shopping or driving long distances in uniform (on leave) is equally distasteful. I personally think people that where smallpacks and other army kit on civi time do so because they are too awkward in society to come up with good civilian style for themselves!!

Awkwarrrrrrd....  :-[

popnfresh said:

CADPAT is ugly, and shopping or driving long distances in uniform (on leave) is equally distasteful. I personally think people that where smallpacks and other army kit on civi time do so because they are too awkward in society to come up with good civilian style for themselves!!

Once again I resent your comments!  :p

Wonderbread said:

I have to agree with that whole heartedly. Especially the eye wear that's even a no no unless you have to wear it. Key rule is, if it doesn't look cool in uniform, it's not gonna look cool out. That being said I thought it was hilarious in Edmonton to see this guy walking around wearing his clear BE on the way to work.  Oh I also hate people who wear wet weather boots around in civies, also very homoerotic.

popnfresh said:

...I personally think people that wear smallpacks and other army kit on civi time do so because they are too awkward in society to come up with good civilian style for themselves!!

Sure it looks dorky, but it's legal.

And ... the only people who think they look dorky ... are serving members -- not the average civilian populace. Have you ever walked into the kids department of a store and seen the camo stuff on the shelves?? It's cool, it's "what's in". You can even buy luggage in luggage stores these days in the pattern.

WE think it looks dorky simply because it IS what we wear everyday working.

Besides, they pick up chicks in this stuff.

yeah, but the camo stuff in a store is designed to look good. I gotta say, cadpat is pretty ugly in comparison. I've never seen a guy pic up a girl in any of the above mention style disasters. It's pretty much up there witht he course t shirt tucked in with cadpat belt and gerber.

Back