• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about the armored...

BZZ Speaks the truth, we have some Franco's in Edmonton.

BZZ also, it's LdSH(RC) you had a small "s" (picking flyshit out of pepper, but hey it's my Regt)

And, Habs are going no where fast, maybe first round, but then done (at least you will get at least four more games than my buds though!!)

.....Hijack complete!!

Bzzliteyr said:
Are those even classified as "towns"?  Villages maybe?  Do they have a hockey team?

The Windsor Spitfires, or did you mean an NHL team?  :p
(My hometown is ~40 minutes from Windsor)

I'm joining the KOCR and I was wondering how reserve, or rather armoured training is different from infantry in basic. I know we're all basic infantry off the bat, but do they have as do less? In the sense that they split our training to cover the vehicle side of things

Alejandro said:
or rather armoured training is different from infantry in basic.

Basic training is the same for everyone regardless of trade.

so that means when I go out this summer i'd be doing the same as the highlanders? (originally my first choice but they have a waiting list longer than heaven, 2 bloody years!) If so, does anyone who's armoured know how many weeks of the 9 i'm there is for infantry basic?

Alejandro said:
so that means when I go out this summer i'd be doing the same as the highlanders?

I thought i was pretty clear when i said it was the same for everyone. Infantry, armoured, artillery.....doesnt matter what trade, doesnt matter what unit.

Alejandro,

You will do your time on basic training, then you will do your trade (armour) training.  They are two seperate courses.

Basic training is the SAME for all trades.

Alejandro,

As a Reserve Armoured Crewman your initial training, otherwise known as Development Period 1 (DP 1) is broken into three courses: BMQ, SQ and P Res DP 1 Armoured Recce Crewman.

The first is BMQ (Basic Military Qualification) which for you as a Reservist is about 21 training days or four weeks. This course is common to all occupations, although there are differences between Regular and Reserve. BMQ imparts the ability to perform the basic common tasks of being in the Canadian Forces.

The next course is the SQ (Soldier Qualification) course, also known as BMQ-Land for some. This course is roughly 22 days long (about four weeks again) for Reservists and imparts the common skills needed for all soldiers in the Army. These include weapons, fieldcraft and some dismounted tactics. For the Regular Force armoured soldiers the tasks from this course are rolled up into their DP 1 Armoured Reconnaissance Crewman course.

Your third course is the Primary Reserve DP 1 Armoured Reconnaissance Crewman course. This course is 20 days long and it is the first one you will take that is specialized to your occupation. You will learn how to drive the LUVW, how to recognize Armoured Fighting Vehicle and Aircraft and how to operate communications equipment, along with some knowledge about the Armoured Corps history and basic procedures. Once you have this course you are employable in your Reserve unit in a Recce Troop, although  you still have a lot to learn. The three courses in your DP 1 period are taken in sequence and they build your skills progressively. When you get to your troop your leadership will further develop your skills with practical experience and guidance.

There is also the 14 day DP 2 Reconnaissance Observer course for the Primary Reserve which gives more depth on recce tactics in the field for crewman (Recce Operations, Tactical Security Operations, Transitional Operations and Recce Equipment). In this course you participate in the spectrum of recce operations.

Please note that lengths of courses can vary due to local conditions.

Back