• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about prerequistites for medical tech

galgal23

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm thinking about applying in the AF for the position of medical tech..I however do not have grade 11/12 biology or whatever the high school requirement is but I do have a certificate from college which shows that I completed a 1 year general arts and sciences program (chemistry/biology was 1 of the classes) would that be enough for a prereq for the medical tech position?

Dont know. Ask at the CFRC.

But you need to show that you have credits on paper, in Biology and Chemistry because both for your PCP course run by whichever college has the contract and the U of Neb for the PA course want those subjects as prerequs.

I will but they're closed since they work til 5..I was hoping to get a quick answer here before I call tomorrow

You are going to need to show on paper that you have post secondary credits in those subjects. So find the paperwork.

SFB said:
You are going to need to show on paper that you have post secondary credits in those subjects. So find the paperwork.

I do have the paperwork and a college transcript, I'm just wondering if gerneral arts/sceinces biology course at college would cover the high school bio/chem prereq

galgal23 said:
I do have the paperwork and a college transcript, I'm just wondering if gerneral arts/sceinces biology course at college would cover the high school bio/chem prereq

As someone who is working on applying as a med tech as well, SFB's advice is exactly what you need to do. If you're looking for something proactive to do in the mean time, what I did was print off the course description and that seemed to help. The first person I spoke to wasn't able to give me a definitive answer, but was able to go to someone higher up to get an answer. Good luck.

Aideen

Back