• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about application

armyguy1

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, as I stated in another post a while ago I am planning to apply for ROTP this September. However, I just learned that a reserves unit fairly close to me has a position opening for the job I want (Infantry Officer). With ROTP being so difficult and competitive to get into I am wondering if I have to put all of my eggs in one basket? Or am I able to apply to both and then decline or quit the reserves if I get accepted to ROTP?

I am not sure if this is allowed, but I am just trying to make the right choice to getting into the Canadian Forces.

If I go for the reserves job I will likely stay with them for a few years until I am done my university then do a CT to the regular forces.

Thoughts?

Search and you will find the answer for applying to both Reg and Reserve.

sorry but I did search and couldn't find anything... I did the search here and i did a google search. Maybe I just don't know what to look for or how to properly use the search.

could someone message me if they know the answer? or even link me where I can find the answer I am looking for.

thanks

Is your intent to go to RMC for the reserves? If that is the case you do a application for RMC called RETP (Reserve Entry Training Plan (which if im correct comes out of your pocket)). You are not able to have two applications open within the forces at the same time so it would either be a application for RMC or as a Reserve Officer. As a Reserve Officer direct entry you still need a degree or being in the process of getting one. I would recommend trying for ROTP as if Reg Force is where you want to be then aim for it as the Reserves can be a place you may get stuck in for a while.

thank you, I am about half way through my degree already at a civi university.

I will probably just go for ROTP then, it is what I really want... if I get declined then I will look at the reserves again

Back