• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Proper footwear for DEU's?

Otis said:
Great, I can chalk them up with the Size 18, Air Force blue, FEMALE heavy weather overcoat that is ALSO somehow on my clothing docs ... did I mention that according to the history it was issued to me while I was serving on a ship overseas? DAMN I'm good! To rabbit kit I'm in NO way entitled to from half a world away ... I am Bin Rat hear me roar!

Now back to your previously scheduled ignoring ...

Size 18!! You're huge (for a chick!). I once moved a nice little Osh-Kosh Firetruck from Petawawa to Trenton. They came looking for it while I was in Syria ... LOL - everyone knew where the actual fire-truck was sitting, but no-one could find it virtually. It was Me!! Seems I had entered my service number vice the SCA into the "requested by" block and so it ended up on my clothing docs. At that time though, a whole lot of Suppies over in ASF were also, apparently, building hercs in their backyards given the sheer volume of herc spares on sup techs clothing docs. Ahhhh, the benefits of steam-rolling out a new system without allowing the techs using it to benefit from any kind of substantial trg on it.  ::)

I do love today's gen of suppies who actually like the CFSS and one no longer hear's about how much it sucks from today's intake ... I still believe that's because they never enjoyed or had the benefit of ever using the old system and thus have zero real clue about just how user-intensive and ineffecient this one actually is!

At least the overcoat is DEU --- so you don't have to return it on release.  8)

Yeah, that happened a LOT during the early days of MIMS ... I was on the West Coast for the first roll-out, but luckily I was on a ship with the deployed version, so there wasn't a whole lot of places for stuff to 'disappear' to.

I think we have effectively hijacked this thread ... maybe it should be brought back on topic or closed?

Quote "
No, I meant NCMs (every rank of them ...). I'm on parade in DEU1As in my ankle boots too.    Just as my 9erD (an MWO Armd [RCD]) did for Leliefontein.

Regarding NCMS:

NCMs = all non-commissioned members (Pte/OS to CWO/CPO1);
Pte = Ptes
Jr NCO = Cpl/LS to MCpl/MS;
Snr NCO = Sgt / PO2; &
WOs.

I realize & understand the difference in the terms ... I indeed used the one that I intended to use. Some Armd Regts have their WOs & above wear oxfords in DEU 1As as the officers wear; rather that's a Unit thing, not an Army thing.
"

I hate to play Devils Advocate here because I think we all get what you are saying. But really there are only 2 NCO ranks in the Canadian Military: Cpl and Sgt.

MCpl is an appointment and not a rank, and POs are not NCOs they are Petty Officers.  Warrants-chiefs are Warrant officers. Back then there were Staff Sgt's and colour sgt's, flight sgts, etc. etc. those were all NCOs. same thing with Lance Cpls.  Take a look at the beginning of the QR&Os and you will find it under the definition of "NCOS"

Cheers,

Conan the Librarian

Conan the Librarian said:
Quote "
No, I meant NCMs (every rank of them ...). I'm on parade in DEU1As in my ankle boots too.    Just as my 9erD (an MWO Armd [RCD]) did for Leliefontein.

Regarding NCMS:

NCMs = all non-commissioned members (Pte/OS to CWO/CPO1);
Pte = Ptes
Jr NCO = Cpl/LS to MCpl/MS;
Snr NCO = Sgt / PO2; &
WOs.

I realize & understand the difference in the terms ... I indeed used the one that I intended to use. Some Armd Regts have their WOs & above wear oxfords in DEU 1As as the officers wear; rather that's a Unit thing, not an Army thing.
"

I hate to play Devils Advocate here because I think we all get what you are saying. But really there are only 2 NCO ranks in the Canadian Military: Cpl and Sgt.

MCpl is an appointment and not a rank, and POs are not NCOs they are Petty Officers.  Warrants-chiefs are Warrant officers. Back then there were Staff Sgt's and colour sgt's, flight sgts, etc. etc. those were all NCOs. same thing with Lance Cpls.  Take a look at the beginning of the QR&Os and you will find it under the definition of "NCOS"

Cheers,

Conan the Librarian

Thanks for pointing out  the obvious there ......  ::)

NFLD Sapper said:
Thanks for pointing out  the obvious there ......  ::)

...on a post a fifth of a decade old, too.  ;)

Maybe he should have used the yellow one instead of the blue one.

That was damn hard on the eyes. So was the quoted portion. ;D

Back