• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Processing duration for a Chinese-Canadian applicant

Mr. St-Cyr said:
Mine took six months, but 4 years ago that was the norm.  The system has greatly improved since then.
It's of course case by case, mine will be less than a year from application drop-off to walking in the green doors; that's with a criminal record from almost a decade ago and a few credit issues that had to be dealt with on the way.  Not bad timing at all from my perspective.

MedKAWD said:
You know what does slow down the system though?  Having dozens of applicants calling and coming into the CFRC asking about their files because they think they are a beautiful unique snowflake that the military should swiftly blow through the enrolment process.  Thus taking up the staff's time while they sift through hundreds of files and names online or hardcopy just so they can tell you what the told you last week.  "We're processing your file."  ;)

How true that is!
I think I am gonna have to start referring to that class of applicants as BUS's.

MedKAWD said:
No, the best thing to do is be patient and let the system do what its designed to do.  You know what does slow down the system though?  Having dozens of applicants calling and coming into the CFRC asking about their files because they think they are a beautiful unique snowflake that the military should swiftly blow through the enrolment process.  Thus taking up the staff's time while they sift through hundreds of files and names online or hardcopy just so they can tell you what the told you last week.  "We're processing your file."  ;)

And on top of that, 2 weeks is nothing.  Have you read some of the application horror stories in here GrandMaple?

Agreed.  Going to the RC will slow down the system for other applicants.  But my reply and Alea's quotation was referring to the OP asking about a time frame.  No one on this forum can give a time frame as to how long any part of the process can take except the people actually dealing with the file, so the advice was that only people that can advise on time/file status/processing are the people at the RC. 

As MedKAWD said though, you're best to be patient and let the system work. 

kartik said:
I am actively lobbying against the process of security clearance. 

What is it that you really want to know?

This may be a bit off topic, however, Do questions regarding National Security and Security Clearance
                                                    related topics violate OPSEC ?

MedKAWD said:
No, the best thing to do is be patient and let the system do what its designed to do.  You know what does slow down the system though?  Having dozens of applicants calling and coming into the CFRC asking about their files because they think they are a beautiful unique snowflake that the military should swiftly blow through the enrolment process.  Thus taking up the staff's time while they sift through hundreds of files and names online or hardcopy just so they can tell you what the told you last week.  "We're processing your file."  ;)

First of all, I'm not thinking I'm something special, not to speak of a unique snowflake. I just want to know what progress has been made on my application, like most of the
other new comers. I went to the CFRC of my area last week and it didn't take them more than a few key strokes to get my information displayed on the screen. The recruiter told me
told me that they were processing my file and that they had given my application priority. If they are conducting a security clearance, shouldn't they have required me fill out
a TBS/SCT 330-60e form before doing that?

MedKAWD said:
And on top of that, 2 weeks is nothing.  Have you read some of the application horror stories in here GrandMaple?

I did read some stories the authors of which got informed to take CFAT, Medical test, etc. even on the day they dropped off their applications. I'll leave the system alone to
help it gain speed. No worry.

Regards,

GrandMaple said:
I'll leave the system alone to
help it gain speed. No worry.

You walk on eggs.
You and others of previous forein nationality should understand that timings regarding security
clearences are integral to "preparation and planning" of terrorists factions. Has it not already been
seen?
Would you like to know how long it took me to get my security clearence to secret? Well, I will
tell you. That information is classified and strictly between the CSIS and me, myself, and I.
And don't go thinking that you can hide my question regarding OPSEC. That won't happen.
I have nothing against you, nor any other person who would like to become a member of the Forces.
Wherever you go to find your answer as to how long it will take regarding your security clearance,
You will always hear the same reply. "We are processing your file". Why do you think that is?

Some folks have nothing better to do i guess ::) I contacted my recruiter after a week and a half and she booked all my testing on the spot, I am going reserve and want nothing more in the world than to wear the uniform of my country and do something to make my children proud of me and to be proud of myself for having the courage to do what many others will not....but you know what????i gotta wait my turn just like everyone else so stop whining and get in line bud!!! :cdn: :nod:

Spinning, whirling, still descending,
Like a spiral sea unending.....

57Chevy said:
You walk on eggs.
You and others of previous forein nationality should understand that timings regarding security
clearences are integral to "preparation and planning" of terrorists factions. Has it not already been
seen?
Would you like to know how long it took me to get my security clearence to secret? Well, I will
tell you. That information is classified and strictly between the CSIS and me, myself, and I.
And don't go thinking that you can hide my question regarding OPSEC. That won't happen.
I have nothing against you, nor any other person who would like to become a member of the Forces.
Wherever you go to find your answer as to how long it will take regarding your security clearance,
You will always hear the same reply. "We are processing your file". Why do you think that is?

I asked in my very first post whether I needed a security clearance, not about the schedule/milestones of it. 10 days ago, I knew very little about the application process.
Why do you always try to make an otherwise relaxed forum topic so intense/"heavy"? Why do you always try to draw a line between native citizens and foreign-born citizens
who are doing their best to get admitted by the main stream, by Canada - the new homeland? It is you who are in fact doing harm to this country!

This is my last post. Have fun!

Hi GrandMaple,

GrandMaple said:
First of all, I'm not thinking I'm something special, not to speak of a unique snowflake.

Don't worry about this :)

I just want to know what progress has been made on my application, like most of the other new comers.
I went to the CFRC of my area last week and it didn't take them more than a few key strokes to get my information displayed on the screen. The recruiter told me told me that they were processing my file and that they had given my application priority.

Wanting to know the progress made on your file is legitimate and by going to see a recruiter, you did exactly what you had to do. The recruiters are human beings and they are very busy but it is also part of their responsibilities to answer you about your file. Not the forum's responsibility.

If they are conducting a security clearance, shouldn't they have required me fill out a TBS/SCT 330-60e form before doing that?

This is another question that you should ask your recruiter.

I wish you good luck with your process.
Alea

I do not agree with that when I have lived in this country for more than 5 years. Also Canadian Law states "Every individual is responsible for hisher own actions" Then why in first place the Forces do a background check my family. This is absolutely against the principle of individual justice.

well...... I'm thinking its mabey more along the lines of making sure there not putting you in a situation where you will have to face potential moral conflicts with your self. If someones trying to join our army it makes sense they do a background to see if anyone in your family has any ties to a foreign military (just an example) or anything that conflicts with your loyalty to Queen and country. (not saying this could be your case) Once you sign you got to be willing to go when ever where ever, even if it means the old country. Which I'm guessing could be very hard on a guy who's got family or ties back in the old country. There is a lot bigger deeper issues at hand than we currently as civys can understand its about the greater good not just you and I getting a smooth ride in. Its a big responsibility to for the powers that be to hand a guy a uniform that represents our entire nation and weapon with live ammo. They have to cover all the bases security wise. I'm sure a lot of thought has gone into this rule by guys who are way more in the know than anyone on this forum so lets just trust their judgment and leadership that the rules are there for a good reason. By the way due to my parents work i spent time overseas and haven't been back home for 5 yrs as well. But my clearance came in only a few months. Everyones case is different but just letting you know it can possibly come sooner than you think.

Back