• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Problems and Bugs

NavyShooter said:
I claimed the medal incentive, with about 15 CR's, and while my max climbed, I didn't get the 25 CR's....was I supposed to?

If it says "+xx Max Combat Readiness" it will not give you the points instantly, just add them to your top end and lower your regen timer.

PuckChaser said:
It seemed to work for me. I have missions I've never attempted at 20%.

Right.

Increasing an unlocked but never played mission by 20% does equal a level now at 20% of level one.

But, increasing a level 4.25 mission by 20% "total mission proficiency" should increase that mission proficiency by 20% (or to Level 5). 20% of levels 1, 2, 3 and the 1/4 of level 4 has 20% "total mission proficiency" equaling a bump up to level 5. That would be a 20% increase in my "total mission proficiency". That's the issue ... it only increases the bar by 20%, NOT the total already played & earned "mission proficiency" by 20%.

See where I am going with this?

I just got issued 7x danger pay for today.

Perhaps I could keep it for being so honest.  ;D

Also: If you refresh the page right after you buy something (eg: equipment)  your purchase being doubled (including spending double the MP). I just bough 561 double-doubles, while only wanting 187 (for the daily challenge), after stupidly pressing the resfrsh button a few times.

ArmyVern said:
Right.

Increasing an unlocked but never played mission by 20% does equal a level now at 20% of level one.

But, increasing a level 4.25 mission by 20% "total mission proficiency" should increase that mission proficiency by 20% (or to Level 5). 20% of levels 1, 2, 3 and the 1/4 of level 4 has 20% "total mission proficiency" equaling a bump up to level 5. That would be a 20% increase in my "total mission proficiency". That's the issue ... it only increases the bar by 20%, NOT the total already played & earned "mission proficiency" by 20%.

See where I am going with this?
NO! Don't do this. This would unnecessarily bump up mission progression. I don't want to have to use 1x POL for a mission then have it suddenly bumped up to 5x.

crooks.a said:
NO! Don't do this. This would unnecessarily bump up mission progression. I don't want to have to use 1x POL for a mission then have it suddenly bumped up to 5x.

Then you may as well quit "progressing" in, and playing, the game right now. If you don't want to raise your levels or progress, spending MPs, ... why are you even bothering?? I'd rather have that 20% bonus without having to spend those (MORE!!!) MPs playing my way there - that's what "earning an incentive" is all about; it's a bonus and less MPs to get there via earning that incentive. Else why bother claiming the incentive, or playing, at all?

This makes no sense whatsoever.

ArmyVern said:
Then you may as well quit "progressing" in, and playing, the game right now. If you don't want to raise your levels or progress, spending MPs, ... why are you even bothering?? I'd rather have that 20% bonus without having to spend those (MORE!!!) MPs playing my way there - that's what "earning an incentive" is all about; it's a bonus and less MPs to get there via earning that incentive. Else why bother claiming the incentive, or playing, at all?

This makes no sense whatsoever.
Increasing the mission progression is fine, but increasing the mission progression as a percentage of what is already there could get out of scale.

Example, current method:

Mission progression is level 4, 41% (441%).

Purchase incentive.

Mission progression is now level 4, 61% (461%).

Example, suggested method:

Purchase incentive.

Mission progression is now level 5, 29% (529%).

I believe that it could get out of hand once we get to missions that we would continue doing as they hit higher levels (Timmies @ level 13 for myself). If the system did change in the sense that it would increase overall progression by a factor of x%, then I think that the numbers would have to be lowered.

When you attempt to attack a target which you have unlocked but don't have enough CR the text that pops up could use some TLC, it currently appeaser like this.

You need 15 Combat Readiness and
to take down Mawlawi Nanai!

crooks.a said:
Increasing the mission progression is fine, but increasing the mission progression as a percentage of what is already there could get out of scale.

Example, current method:

Purchase incentive.

Mission progression is now level 4, 61% (461%).

Example, suggested method:

Purchase incentive.

Mission progression is now level 5, 29% (529%).

I believe that it could get out of hand once we get to missions that we would continue doing as they hit higher levels (Timmies @ level 13 for myself). If the system did change in the sense that it would increase overall progression by a factor of x%, then I think that the numbers would have to be lowered.

This STILL makes no sense.

It is a ONE time award. It's not like it's going to increase your missions by 20% each and every time you do them after that.

Personally, I have progressed enough levels in this game by now to clearly understand that you MUST increase your levels and proficiency on missions to succeed at it. I would much rather claim that 20% incentive (one time) and gain that 20% "TOTAL mission proficiency" using a tonne less MilPoints than it would take to "play" your way to that level (5!! - that's it - that's "far" from that you are going to HAVE to get to anyway. Fill 'yer boots though ... don't claim yours if you don't want to. We obviously have a different game strategies going, but when I claim an incentive that, to me, says "Increase unlocked mission proficiencies by 20%" that's what I expect to get ... not what actually turned out to be "increase the current level bar by 20%" (my levels 1, 2 and 3 were unlocked too, but I did not get any 20% increase for all that earned mission proficiency). That's why I suggested that Mike change the name of it; it's misleading. What's done is done & I have no issues with that and we'll all get awarded it the same way, but the description of what will actually occur should match the description of what is being "offered up".

Oh, and on the Timmies front ... if you actually progressed in missions ... you'd find that wasting time getting to level 13 on Timmies for a gain of a mere 5 MPs over what it cost you to do the mission in the first place ... does not pay dividends to the effect of being a mere level 3 somewhere else:

Round up prisoners after a jailbreak -98CR, +1,718CE
9x LUVW (G-Wagen)
30x Zap Strap Handcuffs
15x CS Gas Grenade (Tear Gas)
15x Trip Flare
Success Probability: Guaranteed (96%)
Proficiency Level 3

ArmyVern said:
Perhaps the mission progression is more important in missions at your level. My missions are mostly sitting in the high-80%/low-90% range (new ones as well), so I don't exactly need the higher levels. If I were at level 60, it would likely play a bigger role.

I do agree that the title is misleading though. Apologies for misinterpreting your post.

Right now, I'm doing a lot of Timmies missions because I have about 4000 cups of Timmies and 140 AtD, so it's a very inexpensive (CR-wise), and effective way to gather Int.

Anyway, as this topic is about Problems and Bugs, I do have something here:

I just noticed a small issue in the Roster.

When I try to sort the list by Situational Awareness, it actually sorts by Initiative. It seems that the link for the SA sorting is "...sort=2" while it should actually be "...sort=3".

crooks.a said:
Perhaps the mission progression is more important in missions at your level. My missions are mostly sitting in the high-80%/low-90% range (new ones as well), so I don't exactly need the higher levels. If I were at level 60, it would likely play a bigger role.

That's an issue with your setting levels for SA, reputation, ATD etc because I am currently at level 61 (& about half way through that to level 62) ... and I have not had any missions to date where my success probabilities were less than mid-90 and higher precent - even up here at this rank in level 5 missions. You'll need to use merit points to adjust them a tad to even out and increase your chances for success.

I have 2 +Max CR incentives running right now, Nowhere Man and Introduction not required. That's +67 Max CR. My timer has stayed at 3 mins, 11 seconds, even though the spreadsheet calculator says I should be at 2:45. I do have the proper max CR, but my timer is not going down as it should.

PuckChaser said:
I have 2 +Max CR incentives running right now, Nowhere Man and Introduction not required. That's +67 Max CR. My timer has stayed at 3 mins, 11 seconds, even though the spreadsheet calculator says I should be at 2:45. I do have the proper max CR, but my timer is not going down as it should.

I noticed that yesterday for me as well. I unfortunately was banking on the increased regen time to time Quelling the insurgents and levelling... Don't think Ill ever catch you now ;)

Task said:
I noticed that yesterday for me as well. I unfortunately was banking on the increased regen time to time Quelling the insurgents and levelling... Don't think Ill ever catch you now ;)

Hopefully Mike'll give us a little credit for it when the bug gets fixed. I'm slowly trying to keep Grim at bay, didn't help that I failed 3 missions at 177CR a pop yesterday.

PuckChaser said:
Hopefully Mike'll give us a little credit for it when the bug gets fixed. I'm slowly trying to keep Grim at bay, didn't help that I failed 3 missions at 177CR a pop yesterday.

Sad Panda!!!!

I failed back to back missions that were 95% today.

Wow... thanks for the feedback guys, and sorry for the misunderstandings!

Vern, I think you've figured out that my wording on the mission (and equipment) incentives was confusing. +20% means 20% is added to your total, not 20% of your total is added to your total. See, I'm confusing things again. ;)

At any rate, I've changed the wording to be a bit more clear. It may seem like +20 isn't great, but if you have a lot of unlocked equipment, that can add up. More importantly, the top tier is +5 levels (+500%) for all equipment, which would add 5% to your success rating for every piece of equipment used on a mission. So if it requires 4 types of equipment, post incentive you'll have +20% chance of success at the highest tier.

I have good news and bad news on the Max CR incentives and the regen timer... it shows wrong on your PER, but the correct value is used for calculating your countdown. I.E. in your case, when you regenerated a point, the timer would have actually been set to 2:45, even though it shows 3:11 on your PER. So the good news is it's a display problem, the bad news is, you shouldn't need a top up.

Crooks, I've fixed the sorting problem on the roster too.

Whew! I appreciate all the feedback, and we will (hopefully) get to a stable point sooner or later!

Cheers
Mike

Hi Mike,

(2010-10-19 12:48:08 Introduction Not Required incentive purchased for 100. You have earned +10% Combat Readiness for 24 hours as a reward for Reputation Reaches 100.)
When I bought that medal it upgraded my total CR avail. But I bought the medals when I didn't have any credits and I did not get anymore, is it supposed to work like that?

ie  0/100 CR  ---> buy medal 0/110
or should it be
0/100 CR ---> buy medal 10/110

PuckChaser said:

Iv'e now chosen an easier(?) goal Airmich. Airmich appears to have the same tactics as me so maybe I will not catch up until the bottle neck at your rank ;)

Mike Bobbitt said:
I have good news and bad news on the Max CR incentives and the regen timer... it shows wrong on your PER, but the correct value is used for calculating your countdown. I.E. in your case, when you regenerated a point, the timer would have actually been set to 2:45, even though it shows 3:11 on your PER. So the good news is it's a display problem, the bad news is, you shouldn't need a top up.

Not a bad news at all, just happy its working and only a minor typo. Thanks again Mike!

Task: When you get to where I am, its 16,000 CE to level. One HVT mission using int does about 1/3rd of that amount. Definitely slows to a grind.

Back