• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PRE DEPLOYMENT STRESS

Wolfe said:
" This was the first time i had been in contact and killed anyone. I felt good, I felt hard.
:salute:  :cdn: :salute:

In rare instances, men have reported an erection that lasts many hours. You should call a doctor immediately if you ever have an erection that lasts more than 4 hours.

AHHAHAAH good one, well i don't know you should ask Peter McAleese i wonder if he is still alive.....He is British so Don't confuse words ahahha and it will help if you read more than " I Felt Hard ".

Wolf   :cdn:

"You should call a doctor immediately if you ever have an erection that lasts more than 4 hours."

Who told you that?  More New-Age nausea.  No wonder so many young women are walking around with knots in their faces nowadays.  Now, in my day...

Tom

Yes, Tom that may be, but if you remember your appoint with the Doctor? The one where you got the perscription for the little blue pills?

He told you to seek medical advice if it lasted longer then 4 hours...remember?

Or did you forget your other medication this am?

;D

Now that we have belittled the initial topic enough, I would like to point out there is always a certain level of anxiety to deployments.

Whether it be the fear (yes even in the most minute form it still can be called fear) of the unknown, or the stress of leaving your family alone for the unteenth time in the last few yrs, everyone feels a bit of stress. Common sense says it is unhealthy for anyone to run away from it, and with our enlightened (at least should be) leadership, every soldier should have the access to help from somebody somewhere. In Canada, we have alot of experience with tour stress, thats why social workers and mental health teams are available overseas.

`

Does the CF still offer the Suicide Prevention Course?

Does the US have a similar course?

Program now referred to as ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training, see:
http://www.pspottawa.forces.gc.ca/hp/pro_suicideprev_e.asp

My husband had to take that course a few years ago. He said he learned alot about suicide.
Only problem was that they never went really in depth. Hard to do on a 2 day course.

I also agreer with Kevin and the Doc, he need to be stable, mentaly for his troop to rely on him.  Out there he needs to be there for his troop, and if he can't deal with that stress, he's not in the right job.  You know even before he signed to because a CF member, he was told that he could be deployed oversea. 

You can't do anything about it. He has to ask for help, and a suicide attemped, come on, it's a coward why to do it....

Sorry but it's true... :-\

Back