• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Posting Policy-Restricted (IR) & Prohibited moves [MERGED]

Well, it's CFHA now, not CE, so likely it'll take twice as long.  ;)

oops missed that.  4 years and counting for the work they promise me will be done every year. Think I struck a nerve when I mentioned I would most likely be posted before it actually got done. Odds are..... they have this year to beat me on that, I have already been told that next year I will be posted (although of course that could change).

Now why does my box extend off the screen to the right when I am typing??

Are you in self-help housing?  If so, different kettle of fish.  They are maintained by PSP, not CFHA.

Yes, my text box is the same.  I think it's a glitch from he recent update.

oh hell no - SHH was no good for my family, in the PMQs. I pay about $300 more (I think it is $920 now) and get a lot more space - large front and back yard, 5 bedroom (ok 1 bedroom is a room a previous occupant had put in the basement and CFHA left there) unit with a partially finished basement (walls are done) that is actually useable (no flooding here!). Oh I also have a driveway that has room for 3 vehicles plus the shed.

PMedMoe said:
Well, it's CFHA now, not CE, so likely it'll take twice as long.  ;)

No - repairs to make it livable - 2 year delay.  Work to make it less livable - 24 hour turn around.

Priorities, you know...

Well indeed there is.... but I'll need you to sign a waiver to take responsibility if you whack your head off the furnace...it's a tight fit in there !  ;D

ArmyVern said:
Well Slainte ... I'm waiting for an actual posting message still ... could be one of three places ... CFRG HQ, 38 Bgde HQ or that other place that ends with HQ ...

Does your condo come equipped with a pole?? Just curious.  8)

Slainte11 said:
Well indeed there is.... but I'll need you to sign a waiver to take responsibility if you whack your head off the furnace...it's a tight fit in there !  ;D

Well, this week it seems that it has changed yet again ... (remember that's why you never believe anything until you've got the message in hand - & even then it can still change, but at least your ass is covered) ... looks like it's going to be Kingston.

PMedMoe said:
Nice, you must be in the old Rockcliffe site, yes?

Nope - Uplands.  have the cheapest Q there of that size.  Hasn't been refurbished yet so the rent has stayed low - now 937.99 since 1 Apr.  I'm thinking when we move they will do the work and jack the rent. 

Yes there is accommodations....like PMedMoe said, contact one of the clerks there for your specific needs...

Try this:

http://17wing.winnipeg.mil.ca/waccom/

Welcome to Winnipeg...bring mosquito repellant, extra heavy duty shock absorbers, a parka and winter tires.

A good sense of humour is required as well. >:D

Silverback`s link is DWAN only.

More important DWAN link: http://17wing.winnipeg.mil.ca/waccom/waccn/NIL%20IR%20Quarters.htm

There is a severe shortage of available single quarters (SQ), at 17 WG Winnipeg.  This due to the mandated Trg requirements of the resident of CF Schools and the large influx of single Pers posted/att-posted and Btl Members who fall within the parameters.

Effective immediately and until further notice, there will be no single quarter approvals for individuals proceeding on an authorized imposed restriction (IR) to 17 WG Winnipeg.

Well, that message is dated 2003, but the situation probably hasn't changed.  I know all the IR people in Borden had to move out of the barracks a few years ago.

dapaterson said:
Silverback`s link is DWAN only.

More important DWAN link: http://17wing.winnipeg.mil.ca/waccom/waccn/NIL%20IR%20Quarters.htm

Duh.... ;D

yall know what I meant! LOL

Sunscreen is helpful too. Oh......and the Palamino Club is fertile hunting grounds for the notorius Winnipeg Cougar.

I don't know about 17 Wing, but if you are on IR at 12 Wing, you can't stay in the shacks regardless if there are rooms available or not.

Not sure of the directive/policy, but I know when I was living-in in Warrior, the guy who was on IR from 14 Wing that moved in beside me got booted a week later once they found out he was on IR.

Back