• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Posting Policy-Out of Canada (OUTCAN) [MERGED]

So I have been wondering  on this one for a bit. How common are outcan posting and would anyone who has done so tell me the process? I am in the early process of joining. My significant other lives in the U.K. And is in university for forensic science. S/O is open to moving to Canada at a later date (let's say 2025) after S/O has graduated and has done some work.

I have heard the Canadian military has posted people tomother country's for a small amount of time but I am unsure if it was due to special circumstances or what not. Also are these Canadian bases over seas or are they foreign county's bases that a member of the CAF would work at? Also along with the UK (if that's even an option) just for giggles could anyone tell me what other countries aside from the USA is able to do out can? (Ex Ireland, Australia, Argentina, etc)

AshleyMarie34 said:
Also along with the UK (if that's even an option) just for giggles could anyone tell me what other countries aside from the USA is able to do out can? (Ex Ireland, Australia, Argentina, etc)

OutCan Postings to Australia 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/97999.0

AshleyMarie34 said:
I have heard the Canadian military has posted people tomother country's for a small amount of time but I am unsure if it was due to special circumstances or what not. Also are these Canadian bases over seas or are they foreign county's bases that a member of the CAF would work at? Also along with the UK (if that's even an option) just for giggles could anyone tell me what other countries aside from the USA is able to do out can? (Ex Ireland, Australia, Argentina, etc)

We have personnel posted OUTCAN to many countries, including Australia, but there are none in Ireland or Argentina. As to how common it is, not very, but that is dependant on your rank and occupation. There are exchange positions, schools (including postgrad and staff colleges), NATO positions, and liaison positions. Plus a sizeable footprint embedded with GAC — not every Canadian Embassy and High Commision has military personnel, but a good number of them do.

AshleyMarie34 said:
So I have been wondering  on this one for a bit. How common are outcan posting and would anyone who has done so tell me the process? I am in the early process of joining. My significant other lives in the U.K. And is in university for forensic science. S/O is open to moving to Canada at a later date (let's say 2025) after S/O has graduated and has done some work.

As a general rule, most OUTCAN positions are for fairly senior and qualified personnel.  The positions are also generally filled by merit.  People apply and then the most suitable candidate is chosen.  I hate to burst your bubble, but the chances of someone newly enrolled getting an OUTCAN posting are extremely low.  You have to complete all your training and reach the occupational functional point and then be selected in competition with your peers.

Can't speak for other trades, but Sigs have a position in the UK, but it is for a MCpl.  The few positions, as stated already, are highly competitive in all trades.

Back