• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Posting pics of MPO or MP grads

Everyone brought up the AF types wearing wrong head dress in first pic, but the navy guy is wearing the wrong head dress too!! looks like shyte!!

Im the navy fellow in the second page top picture on the right rear marker position.

As for the wearing og the beret by the navy people in the pictures, it is some odd-ass CFMPA order for graduation parades.....

All course long we are preached to about uniforms and dress regs.  However, on our final parade, we are made to remove our white peak caps and wear a black beret on parade, which we then take off, hand to the prevost, and have replaced with our red-identified peak cap.

I questioned it, but was told to pretty much just do it...

rsn48 said:
IMG_2442.JPG

Not to nit-pick but it appears that the Lt platoon commander in this picture has his bottom half standing at attention and his top half standing at ease lol.

ditchpig041 said:
Im the navy fellow in the second page top picture on the right rear marker position.

As for the wearing og the beret by the navy people in the pictures, it is some odd-*** CFMPA order for graduation parades.....

All course long we are preached to about uniforms and dress regs.  However, on our final parade, we are made to remove our white peak caps and wear a black beret on parade, which we then take off, hand to the prevost, and have replaced with our red-identified peak cap.

I questioned it, but was told to pretty much just do it...

Unfortunately this can be tough and just the way the military works sometimes especially when it comes to dress regs.  There's the dress manual or whatever the CF-wide policy is that is written down on paper.....and then there's what everyone else is doing because everyone else is doing it and someone else has told them not to question it...

When I say jump you say? (and the answer is not why, we were told to run haha)

The MP grad parade usually has graduating candidates wear the beret of their respective element before being presented the ''proper'' head-dress. As most of us know, we can get spare head-dress off clothing online, however not everyone does so. As the ''proper'' head-dress has been modified ( Red Insert for Wedge/Peak Cap ), the graduating class wears the everyday head-dress rather than DEU. Not sure how this tradition started, but I imagine it had something to do with a member not having a spare un-modified head-dress :)

On another note, recent CANAIRGEN states the red insert will no longer be worn with the Wedge, so back to the standard blue wedgie for Air Element MPs.

MPMick said:
The MP grad parade usually has graduating candidates wear the beret of their respective element before being presented the ''proper'' head-dress. As most of us know, we can get spare head-dress off clothing online, however not everyone does so. As the ''proper'' head-dress has been modified ( Red Insert for Wedge/Peak Cap ), the graduating class wears the everyday head-dress rather than DEU. Not sure how this tradition started, but I imagine it had something to do with a member not having a spare un-modified head-dress :)

On another note, recent CANAIRGEN states the red insert will no longer be worn with the Wedge, so back to the standard blue wedgie for Air Element MPs.

There has been a recent change, in which graduates now wear their head dress with red identifier (Beret/Forage Cap/Wedge- until red was taken out) onto the Graduation Parade. The red beret is is given to the Graduate by the Cmdt on the night before Graduation at a Parade Practice.

Precept said:
There has been a recent change, in which graduates now wear their head dress with red identifier (Beret/Forage Cap/Wedge- until red was taken out) onto the Graduation Parade. The red beret is is given to the Graduate by the Cmdt on the night before Graduation at a Parade Practice.

Interesting... Kind of takes the meaning out receiving the red beret at grad a long with credentials. Well, change is a necessary evil I suppose. Must be the same with the qualification badge. I noticed the Air officers had there half-wing already sewn on. I got mine sewn after being posted.

MPMick said:
Interesting... Kind of takes the meaning out receiving the red beret at grad a long with credentials. Well, change is a necessary evil I suppose. Must be the same with the qualification badge. I noticed the Air officers had there half-wing already sewn on. I got mine sewn after being posted.

Just checked the Grad photos from my course, and the Air folks don't have half wings. I think we were the second course to get the red beret "early". However, looking at the most recent course to graduate, they have theirs.

Precept said:
Just checked the Grad photos from my course, and the Air folks don't have half wings. I think we were the second course to get the red beret "early". However, looking at the most recent course to graduate, they have theirs.

It's nuts how quick some things change... I was a grad of 0064, last "old" curriculum QL3... looks like I'm going to be one of the first of the "new" curriculum 5's though lol... should be interesting...

MPMick said:
It's nuts how quick some things change... I was a grad of 0064, last "old" curriculum QL3... looks like I'm going to be one of the first of the "new" curriculum 5's though lol... should be interesting...

Did they decided on a length yet? Last I heard was 6 weeks.  I Should get my 5's in the new building. Woot!

Haven't heard anything solid yet. Buddies that were on the 5's in feb/march said the new one is probably going to be 5 weeks. They were told their class was the last 3 week 5's so... who knows lol

Does CF prefer to hire veterans for MPO's and MP's? How come they are older than other occupations?

I'm not sure we're "older" than other occupations...  Having said that, because of the diploma requirement for direct entries, you're not going to see any 18 year old Reg Force MP though.  The same can be said of other trades in the CF as well which also have entry requirements that rule out joining right out of high school.

I don't think we're too much older than the rest of the CF.  I suppose you're not going to see very many 17 and 18 year olds in the MP trade though because off the street you require a College Diploma in Police Foundations or similar. As well, you have to pass a selection process for suitability which is supposed to select only mature individuals.  There are also many Occupational Transfers in the MP world, which many members have already done careers with other trades in the CF.

Edit:  Lol beat me to it Garb, almost the same response too :) Good game.

Back