• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Possibly Releasing need info

rocksteady

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
So my TOS is expired and I have received a job offer.  If I put in my memo to release today do they have to release me within 30 days of the memo being submitted?

Also, how much retirement leave do they have to give me? 

The reason I ask these questions is that I need enough leave to get me through the 30 days and it will be tight even with Christmas leave.

Thanks.

rocksteady said:
So my TOS is expired and I have received a job offer.  If I put in my memo to release today do they have to release me within 30 days of the memo being submitted?

No. More specifically, it depends on the health of your trade, the demand for you at the unit, and other factors.

rocksteady said:
Also, how much retirement leave do they have to give me?

None. Retirement leave has been phased out. You are entitled to terminal leave which should be comprised of any leave you have accumulated or accrued, and any unexpended leave you have earned at a ratio of 2 days per full month served in the releasing year.

rocksteady said:
The reason I ask these questions is that I need enough leave to get me through the 30 days and it will be tight even with Christmas leave.

Thanks.

You may be out of luck, but engage your CoC and plead your case. You might be able to make it if you show a complete plan and avoid a confrontational approach.

ModlrMike said:
No. More specifically, it depends on the health of your trade, the demand for you at the unit, and other factors.

None. Retirement leave has been phased out. You are entitled to terminal leave which should be comprised of any leave you have accumulated or accrued, and any unexpended leave you have earned at a ratio of 2 days per full month served in the releasing year.

You may be out of luck, but engage your CoC and plead your case. You might be able to make it if you show a complete plan and avoid a confrontational approach.

So they can hold me beyond 30 days even though my TOS is expired?

Your best bet is to ask your chain of command.  If your TOS has expired what action did you (or you supervisors) take when you knew it was coming to an end.  Were you offered an extension or new TOS?  Did you turn it down?  If you have failed to give the system notice of your intent to release then it could take up to six months to be released.

Back