• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Possible problem with my application ?

user681

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I applied to BCR back in February as a reservest , and so far I have not heard anything from the CF..No medical tests/ no aptitude test, nothing at all
Though I did get a phone call from BCR asking if there had been any updates, but after that no phone call from either the CF or BCR..I've just e-mailed the BCR recruiter two days ago and I'm still waiting for his response..
Do you guys think that maybe something went wrong in my application?? It was 3 months ago and the recruiter seemed surprised when I told him that I haven't gotten any call from CF..

Solution Call the CFRC.

When i applied for ROTP they misplaced my file and when I called them asking for an update they had no idea that I had even applied and found the file 15 minutes later, i'd suggest you'd do the same

Call back ASAP!
I applied in Nov 2009 with my new address/ phone number and they used my old contact information when I was a former reservist.
After 11 months I contacted them to find out what was happening, they tried 3 times to contact me with the old information. Finally Nov 2010 I had my 1st interview...

Call the unit recruiter, if they want to offer you a spot they will be giving you a generic form letter on DND letter head to take tot he CFRC yourself along with your application. Either way the onus is on you to make contact, chances are they have a substantial number of applicants and try as they may they cannot walk each one of them through the process.

I got an e-mail back from the recruiter and he said he looked into my files and there was nothing wrong with it; it's just that currently the CFRC is backed up with a load of applications.Anyway, I have one more question, I read somewhere on this forum that unless the unit I applied to forward my name to the CFRC, they won't process my application :S  Is this true or does it vary

As mentioned by Ranger Rick earlier, there must be some form of communication between yourself, the Reserve Unit that is offering you a position and your local CFRC. The CFRG (Group) does not control the actual positions available at the Reserve Units that is handled locally by the Unit. The CFRG and your local CFRC only process the applicants, when it comes to Reserve Units.

edited for NECFFS

Gizmo 421 said:
As mentioned by Ranger Rick earlier, there must be some form of communication between yourself, the Reserve Unit that is offering you a position and your local CFRC. The CFRG (Group) does not control the actual positions available at the Reserve Units that is handled locally by the Unit. The CFRG and your local CFRC only process the applicants, when it comes to Reserve Units.

edited for NECFFS

Thanks for the reply, the recruiter at my reserve unit basically told me to wait. Hopefully they'll get around to my file soon

Back