• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Poppy Truck" for sale on eBay

Michael OLeary

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Donor
Inactive
Reaction score
imgLoader

eBay Listing

Something seems off about that add......

like why it would be so cheap to start with..... a Tractor Trailer Combo like that would be worth a little more then 600 bucks... even used..... I dunno... seems weird...  just my gut feeling though...

Tommy said:
Something seems off about that add......

like why it would be so cheap to start with..... a Tractor Trailer Combo like that would be worth a little more then 600 bucks... even used..... I dunno... seems weird...  just my gut feeling though...

Probably because one of eBay's listing fees is based on the starting price.  I expect the Reserve Bid is substantially higher.

I've actually seen this truck on rubber...nice paint!
Something just ain't right about rig being sold...maybe the die-cast  models  ??

The price will increase substantially closer to the end of the auction; trust me.

Either that or it's a giant scam someone is trying to pull.

BYT Driver said:
I've actually seen this truck on rubber...nice paint!
Something just ain't right about rig being sold...maybe the die-cast  models  ??

See this thread.
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/80613.0.html

toblarry said:
:salute:Hi everyone.My name is Larry Josie and i have a truck thats dedicated to our serveing troops .and our Vets..Its known as the Poppy Truck.Its been around now for just over a year for the trailer..3 yrs.with the truck(2005 Year of the Vetran)you can see more about it at www.thepoppytruck.ca  Im new to this site..it was recommended to me by a mother of a fallen soldier.People have asked me to do base tours ect. and have been to 3 already.People are also wondering why the military hasn't jumped all over this truck just for pr. and recruitment.but the reason im here is that i would like to get a job or a contract with my truck,with the military but have been getting nowhere for the past 3 months.I even talked to Jim Flaherty about it and he said he would look into it...no response yet.im out of work now and there is a danger that i might go bankrupt and a lot of people have  said they would not want to see that happen.I have many feelers out there to try and get somekind of contact #or someone to contact me(905-960-2680)to help with this matter.So if there is someone out there that could help,could you please contact me or give my # to someone.My email is  thepoppytruck@hotmail.com.Im getting desperate...this truck is so popular right across Canada.Hope to hear from someone soon..Larry Josie :cdn: :salute:

Back