• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Political Correctness

Status
Not open for further replies.
SeaKing Tacco is not lying,

The majority of these political science, anthropology/sociology/psychology arts streams are very pro cultural marxism/left-wing/political correctness

Thankfully I chose the economics stream where this kind of stuff is irrelevant but this whole political correctness bit has gone too far to the point where you just feel bad for these kids.

Case and point, I was browsing my Facebook this afternoon and stumbled upon someone who was 'outraged' and by the sounds of it emotionally shaken because he came across a faded 'heil hitler' scribble in the university bathroom while he was defecating and pointed out that because of this Nazism and white nationalism is alive and rampant at our university...

He didn't even scribble over top of it. :rofl:

I try not to worry.  There is a whole "real world" waiting for these human My Little Ponies once they are done their studies.  And it is full of violence, intolerance and people willing to punch someone in the face for "reason X".  They'll either buck up or they'll spend their life like this.

screen-shot-2014-04-07-at-8-31-12-pm.png

Not sure if this would fall under the political correctness section but I'm not sure I like this.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/citizenship-oath-indigenous-treaties-1.3963508

Eye In The Sky said:
I try not to worry.  There is a whole "real world" waiting for these human My Little Ponies once they are done their studies.  And it is full of violence, intolerance and people willing to punch someone in the face for "reason X".  They'll either buck up or they'll spend their life like this.

screen-shot-2014-04-07-at-8-31-12-pm.png

My generation was raised with Bugs Bunny and Road Runner versus Yosemite Sam and Wile E. Coyote. The more recent ones were raised on Barney the Dinosaur and Dora the Explorer.

I'll take Bugs bunny and Road Runner any time! (And, no - none of us were stupid enough to think you could jump off a cliff or use a small umbrella to protect yourself from a falling anvil and live to tell the tale).

Remius said:
Not sure if this would fall under the political correctness section but I'm not sure I like this.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/citizenship-oath-indigenous-treaties-1.3963508

I know I don't.

I'm curious why they feel the need to bring attention to one aspect of the laws of Canada?

The Oath already includes obeying Canada's laws, which the treaties (that are still to be observed) are a part of.

This whole bending over backwards for the Indigenous is ridiculous. They are now Canadians like it or not and should not receive special benefits over another Canadian Citizen.

History is written by the victors. - Winston Churchill

Oldgateboatdriver said:
My generation was raised with Bugs Bunny and Road Runner versus Yosemite Sam and Wile E. Coyote. The more recent ones were raised on Barney the Dinosaur and Dora the Explorer.

I'll take Bugs bunny and Road Runner any time! (And, no - none of us were stupid enough to think you could jump off a cliff or use a small umbrella to protect yourself from a falling anvil and live to tell the tale).

Are you suggesting that 'todays generation' are weaker, mentally and physically, than generations before them?  I DON'T BELIEVE IT.  ;D

a4d4417e4fb475aee41895a505cc6593

bronies_by_meredithgrrrl-d5698cs.jpg

:facepalm:  We're fucked in the near future...I swear.  :facepalm:

Eye In The Sky said:
Are you suggesting that 'todays generation' are weaker, mentally and physically, than generations before them?  I DON'T BELIEVE IT.  ;D

:facepalm:  We're ****ed in the near future...I swear.  :facepalm:

Just wait until we get into positions of power, its only a matter of time before the mess is replaced with a safespace. :rofl:

:facepalm:

>Not sure if this would fall under the political correctness section but I'm not sure I like this.

It's awesome.  More recent immigrants are required to explicitly acknowledge that their citizenship is "second tier" - that they will have a duty to pay rents indefinitely - compared to a group of earlier immigrants.

So, that's what happens when you fall into a barrel of dicks.    :nod:

The CBC's passion for political correctness will land them where the American news media is soon enough (80% or more Americans no longer trust the Legacy media for accurate information: the "Fake News" meme rebounded and struck down CNN, the NYT and the rest of the establishment media):

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2017-02-15-at-8.51.46-AM-600x269.png
    Screen-Shot-2017-02-15-at-8.51.46-AM-600x269.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 443
Thucydides said:
The CBC's passion for political correctness will land them where the American news media is soon enough (80% or more Americans no longer trust the Legacy media for accurate information: the "Fake News" meme rebounded and struck down CNN, the NYT and the rest of the establishment media):
And are you saying The Rebel et. al. share ALL the facts?  Or only those their audience want to hear?

What Ezra wants to do with his money is up to him, and if you don't like his work, then simply don't click. CBC on the other hand, is in our pockets for a billion/year, and we pay for the other legacy TV news through bundled cable subscriptions. Being forced to pay for the privilege of listening to lies is changing people's attitudes (as Europeans and Americans have discovered over the last few years).

Thucydides said:

Passion for political correctness?

Like advertising jobs but stipulating 'no Caucasians need apply'. Or Shaun Majumder’s Beige Power rap?

Thucydides said:
What Ezra wants to do with his money is up to him, and if you don't like his work, then simply don't click.

Thucydides said:
CBC on the other hand, is in our pockets for a billion/year, and we pay for the other legacy TV news through bundled cable subscriptions. Being forced to pay for the privilege of listening to lies is changing people's attitudes (as Europeans and Americans have discovered over the last few years).
On the tax $ going to CBC, we're stuck with it -- a Conservative majority didn't defund it, so I guess it's here to stay.  As for its content ...
... if you don't like (the) work, then simply don't click (watch/listen) ...

I read this,

"...in 2016, only 20 percent of Americans said they trust newspapers. Trust in television news has charted much the same course, and it fares only slightly better in 2016, with 21 percent trust."
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/americans-dont-trust-their-institutions-anymore/

A far cry from A. M. Rosenthal's 56 years at the New York Times.
His epitaph inscribed on his grave marker, "He kept the paper straight," was chosen to memorialize his efforts at the NYT to deliver unbiased news.

He used to tell his reporters, "You can [make love to] an elephant if you want to, but if you do you can't cover the circus."  :)

One of the reasons I like Insrtapundit (besides sharing Glenn Reynold's political orientation) is news items get dissected and covered by multiple sources.

I can see items from American Legacy media, Blogs, the Jerusalem Post, National Post, Der Speigal, the Guardian and a host of magazines from all over the world in a "one stop shop".

Of course the commentary is generally libertarian/conservative/right/alt-right in tone, but the occasional Progressive troll comments, and I haven't seen Instapundit ban people for taking the opposite track in comments (although I may have missed it as well)

I'm thinking this may actually be the model for well informed information consumers to follow, maybe with Instapundit like blogs covering specific global regions, industries or cultural endeavours so people with specific interests can get a more holistic view. Army.ca actually is a good model for a military themed blog in terms of being quite broad ranging and covering things from multiple angles.

>... if you don't like (the) work, then simply don't click (watch/listen) ...

That shouldn't apply to the CBC, except to the extent that the fraction of its content people don't care for should be approximately equal across the political spectrum.  As a child (1970's) I heard and read nicknames of the CBC - "Pravda Canada", "Communist Broadcasting Corporation".  Whatever is tolerated that allows such perceptions to develop is wrong; the CBC should not be that partisan.  If the CBC doesn't have roughly equal levels of support among people affiliated with teams Red, Blue, and Orange, it should be privatized.

It might simply mean the CBC's main organs just need to turn off all of the political opinion spouts and stick to straight investigative journalism.  No more outrage over what Harper, or Trump, or anyone else said.  Just report what they said.

In a nutshell Brad, that's what it's always been about with the CBC. No state television can rise above party politics, which is normally those governments that offer them lots of money and bonuses. One only needs to look at how many regular individuals, at CBC, that are wearing the Order of Canada or how many have been seconded right to government jobs when they leave the CBC.

It is impossible for them to report just the facts. They put the government political spin on it for the people that pay them. It's not the individual stories or facts that matter. It is the social conditioning and lack of interpretation, other than the party line. In the case of CBC, their masters are Laurentien Elites. It's more about how the government will solve a problem, the PMs feelings, the thespian outrage instead of the individual that brought the problem into the public eye. Unless the perp is integral to the agenda, IE: race, religion, political persuasion etc. These days, if it plays to sensationalism and allows the government to forward their agenda, it's used. If a caucasian went into a synagogue and killed a number of people with a .22 Cooey. The shooter will be branded as an alt-right, anti-semite that legally obtained that .22. Within days the government will be crowing about the availability of those firearms. The medium changes. It's no longer about the shooting, but the governments plan to curtail sale of .22 cal rifles. And the CBC will dutifully say whatever the PMO says. It has nothing to do with the fact that the shooter was mentally unbalanced, off his meds and would have picked a shopping mall if he'd seen that first. And like Polytechnique, they will drag it out over next 100 years to further their agenda. You'll hear the mosque shooting in Parliament every time the Liberals want to talk about tolerance towards muslims. It's not muslims we are against. We are against the barbaric culture that islam perpetrates, not the people. But that's not the message the government wants you to concentrate on, so they spin it as a racism problem. If they were called upon to defend the culture, they would be thrown out of power. Much easier to let the religion aspects stay off the table and talk about the, supposed, human plight.

"The medium is the message" - Marshall McLuhan

edit: spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back