• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pics - The Armourers of Australia's AASAM 2005 (weapons and related cool things)

More Ultimax. This is the LIGHTEST LMG in the world!

The Ultimax takes modified M16 mags, so we made up a jig, and modified more M16 mags for two guest teams. Here is our prototype mag  :eek:.

In the RAInf Corps SGT's Mess at Singo. Some AASAM staff having the 2000h swill!

Paul having a quiet moment in the cab of the GMV

Fiji on the mound

US Army Team

Me with some of the Singapore Lads (one French Marine and one USMC in the foreground too)

Malaysian SME AUG 'burst control' hammer mech - I unique thing. Countries in the region using the AUG as their 1st line rifle are Australia, NZ (both ADI), and Malaysia (SME made). Indonesia, and the Philippines also use them to some degree (both ADI made).

I'm guessing the USMC all had M16A4's (or at least flattop w/ TA31's on the A2 lowers...)  ?

How did the competition turn out.

Malaysia did the best overall, and the US did win some events. You are right on the rifles.

Here is a pic of the Malaysians, about to do the run down for the falling plate competition on Saturday.

Back