• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PeopleSoft

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maniac779

I've search the DIN and the forum and come up with nothing or complicated publications. (which might as well be nothing)

My question is basically this; what is peoplesoft? How does it work WRT Pay? and who has the authority to make changes in peoplesoft WRT to pay?

I am waiting for a pay adjustment to go through and while it has been almost 4 months since the message was issued, I still have recieved no action.

I have been told by a member who resolved a similar problem that my problem can be solved by a few clicks in peoplesoft.

I am looking for answers.

Thanks.

PeopleSoft is the program that the CF and some other Government Departments use to conduct Personnel Management and Administration.  You will have to go to your RMS Clerks to have any corrections done to it.  It is not accessable by you.

To expand on what George Wallace told you:

PeopleSoft is the highly customized commercial off the shelf software product used by DND to manage HR information for the department and the Canadian Forces.  It is known as the DND HRMS.  Regular Force and Class C Reserve Force pay is mananged through a separate program called CCPS (Central Computation Pay System).  HRMS and CCPS are linked.

There is a way that you, as a CF member, can view some of your personal, leave and pay information as contained in the HRMS.  You can do this on-line through an application called EMAA (Employee/Member Access Application). You can print your MPRR, pay statements and leave balances through EMAA.  This will go a long way towards helping you manage your personal information, pay and benefits and leave.  If there are discrepancies between what is displayed in EMAA and what you believe to be true, you'll still need the services of an RMS Clerk to solve them.

See your orderly room for access to this application and to solve your pay problem.

George Wallace said:
PeopleSoft is the program that the CF and some other Government Departments use to conduct Personnel Management and Administration.  You will have to go to your RMS Clerks to have any corrections done to it.  It is not accessable by you.

I realize that much. However, what level of access does the unit level RMS clerk have? Can clerks at the unit level edit things like Pay Level, IPC, etc. for example?

Haggis, to respond to you, I am pretty familar with EMMA, however, what I am trying to obtain is who exactly has authority to what level regarding ammendments to pay. I am trying to ascertain if it is at a unit level, or does it need to go higher??

maniac779 said:
I realize that much. However, what level of access does the unit level RMS clerk have? Can clerks at the unit level edit things like Pay Level, IPC, etc. for example?

Haggis, to respond to you, I am pretty familar with EMMA, however, what I am trying to obtain is who exactly has authority to what level regarding ammendments to pay. I am trying to ascertain if it is at a unit level, or does it need to go higher??

It depends. With many Reserve units, they have access to view peoplesoft, but not to make changes to it. It goes up to the next level. I know this is true for 70 Comm Gp

Manic779:  PM inbound.

Sig_Des:  Yep, we know.....  That situation is unique to the Comm Res.  Other Reserve elements don't have such restrictions.

As has been stated.  See your Orderly Room.  Only they can answer your questions.

Haggis said:
Sig_Des:  Yep, we know.....  That situation is unique to the Comm Res.  Other Reserve elements don't have such restrictions.

Didn't know it was a Comm Res thing...makes me happy to be out of the Comm Res world...

Those few, those erratic fiew.... RMS clerks who have the authority to make changes to Peoplesoft.

In Reserve formations, units do not have authority to change, that priviledge is restricted to the Brigade HQs and the Area J1 records clerks who oversee what is going on.

From your profile, you are now a Reg and are doing your training in St Jean.
Your enrollment documents should specify the pay level you were offered on enrollment
Regardless of what error happens, it`s going to be your unit (school) orderly room that will submit / process record corrections.

Give em COPIES of whatever documents you believe they will need to fix er up

How much does the military side of things use SAP (I'm a SAP analyst).  Just curious.
I know DND as a department uses it, but how much flows over to the mil-side of things?

Haggis, PM Inbound.

Geo,

The OR was the one who delivered these documents to me (specifically an ETP ammendment message changing my Pay Level from B to D) So they know they of their exsistance.

Once again.......the magic phrase is 'See the Orderly Room'. If they can't/ won't solve it, request to see the Adjt. We can't help here. Use the proper chain.

Someone in the OR having given you a document is one thing.... them having properly filed it or actioned it is another.

Reduce guesswork - have copies handy - it can speed up the proces.

beach_bum said:
As has been stated.  See your Orderly Room.  Only they can answer your questions.

I'll say it again!  Go to your Orderly Room.  No one on here can fix your administrative problem. 

geo said:
Those few, those erratic fiew.... RMS clerks who have the authority to make changes to Peoplesoft.

In Reserve formations, units do not have authority to change, that priviledge is restricted to the Brigade HQs and the Area J1 records clerks who oversee what is going on.

Although this was the intial intent, Reserve units now have Correction Mode trained users.  The volume of work was simply too much for the HQ clerks to handle.

PM me for details.

I've search the DIN and the forum and come up with nothing or complicated publications. (which might as well be nothing)

My question is basically this; what is peoplesoft? How does it work WRT Pay? and who has the authority to make changes in peoplesoft WRT to pay?

I am waiting for a pay adjustment to go through and while it has been almost 4 months since the message was issued, I still have recieved no action.

I have been told by a member who resolved a similar problem that my problem can be solved by a few clicks in peoplesoft.

I am looking for answers.

Thanks.

While, other then rank, peoplesoft has nothing to do with pay, first of all.  For the Reg F, it is CCPS, Res F, RPSR.  As others have said, go to your Orderly Room to get this sorted out.  If you are at a lodger unit, you may need to go to the base orderly room.

Dara said:
While, other then rank, peoplesoft has nothing to do with pay, first of all.  For the Reg F, it is CCPS, Res F, RPSR.  As others have said, go to your Orderly Room to get this sorted out.  If you are at a lodger unit, you may need to go to the base orderly room.

PeopleSoft contains "triggers" which send info to CCPS to action changes in pay and allowances.  Although the changes can be made manually in CCPS, in many cases those changes are triggered by the effective date of a change in Terms of Service or rank as entered in the HRMS.

Thanks everyone. I have my answers.

And, just for the record, it was never a question of if I should talk to my OR or not. I know no one on the forum can take any action to help me.

It was a question of FINDING the right questions to ask.

So thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back