• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Penticton Reservist (?): "It's time to end Afghanistan war"

Status
Not open for further replies.
OldSolduer said:
This may be an "agent provacteur"

That was the first thing that came to my mind.

The media follows this and if he does indeed exist and NES, they will carry that football all the way to the "I refuse to deploy" end-zone.

PMedMoe said:
Don't know if this guy is serving or not, but you can search him on Canada 411 and a listing does come up for Penticton, BC.

Here's more letters published in the Penticton Western News andanother from Mr. Demetrick.

I love that one of the letters in there "supporting" his opinion then goes into a litany of tinfoilhat ideas about 9/11 - all the discredited nonsense about WTC-7, about explosives, about the air force, etc.  Someone should get on to outing this guy right away, and I cannot wait to see what his CoC (if he isn't a complete fake) has to say about it.  If he's not a fake, I'd love to see what his messmates have to say as well.

It certainly sounds like the standard,factless,brain-dead drivel that the Peace Activists,
Jack Layton, his merry band of lefty loons are famous for.
Where does the Toronto Star fit in with all this,how deeply did they investigate this
whole story before eagerly printing it?

Given the still-allegedness of his service status, I've edited the title of the original post slightly.

I just did a search for outlook search for this guy and at the very least he does not have an email account. I wonder if our BC reservist on this site could snoop around and see if this guy is real or an imposter. Or is he a ficticious person created for story telling and the star can fall back on the BS of "we didn't know..."

Any takers?

If he is not real, THEN LETS OUT HIM!

ArmyRick said:
Or is he a ficticious person created for story telling and the star can fall back on the BS of "we didn't know..."

Most newspapers have a policy for letters to the editor that you have to include at least a name, street address and contact phone number.  Now, do ALL papers check on ALL letters?  I'm guessing not likely.

His letter seems to be a pretty effective bit of propaganda. It remains to be seen if it is black propaganda, that is written by someone adopting a false identity, or not. The claims are outrageous, but all that does is preach to the choir.

All we need now is for our ex-officer cadet 'friend' to jump on the bandwagon with a few of his usual pithy comments.

As most of us can do nothing but rant about it, I suggest we save our energy. He is getting his latest 15 minutes of fame. If anyone is able to prove or disprove his status as a reservist, fine. Please do so. Otherwise, I am going to ignore him.

Strike said:
Isn't it illegal to impersonate a soldier/officer?  That could open a whole other can of worms if he's not a member.

Has anyone in recent memory ever been charged with this?

Drummy

The Military Police at the very least should be looking into this. The old SIU would have had this guy in front of an interviewer faster than you could say "Commie B@stard".

I have it on reasonably good authority that he is a British Columbia Dragoon.  Now, how to ensure his CoC knows about this?

Redeye said:
I have it on reasonably good authority that he is a British Columbia Dragoon.  Now, how to ensure his CoC knows about this?

He sounds more like a British Columbia Poltroon.

Redeye said:

No worries on that account.

I'd like to see what becomes of this. Can you BC residents keep us informed?

Interesting aside, my OC, who served with CSTC-A during TF 3-06's roto, last night attended a talk given by Stephen Staples about Afghanistan.  After his presentation (where he made amusing remarks about the CF sending officers to his events to take notes on him), there was a Q&A where my OC asked some questions and did identify himself and that he was there in a personal capacity as a Canadian citizen alone.  The questions started mostly slanted anti-war but shifted gradually.  One of the best he told me about was about why there was no equivalent to the "Iraq Veterans Against War" in the US here.  My OC gave his best opinion that there just wasn't too many guys who had been over there who didn't really believe in what we're doing.  I wish I could have seen Mr. Staples' response.

I can see it now,this guy comes up on charges...and Bob Rae and all the
other defenders of our "US War Resisters in Canada" come charging to
the rescue... :(

I don't think Bob will have a leg to stand on. This "Cpl" (an insult to that fine rank) stepped outside the boundaries, pure and simple. Members of the CF cannot comment one way or the other on a matter of government policy.
We had a young fellow step outside the boundaries when the Airborne was disbanded, and he was charged and fined.
The same rule should apply.

Drummy said:
Has anyone in recent memory ever been charged with this?

Pure hearsay so please take with a grain of salt, but for some reason I think they caught someone during the aftermath of the ice storm in Quebec a few years ago wearing a CF uniform for the purpose of getting into peoples' houses to steal things.  Maybe someone else has better information on this.

The jacking this guy should get reminds me of something I overheard from a crusty old Seargent Major a little while ago:

"If you want to smoke hash and bad mouth The Flag while you listen to Pink Floyd records and play Hungry Hungry Hippos in your parents basement, then GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE ARMY!"

Wonderbread said:
The jacking this guy should get reminds me of something I overheard from a crusty old Seargent Major a little while ago:

"If you want to smoke hash and bad mouth The Flag while you listen to Pink Floyd records and play Hungry Hungry Hippos in your parents basement, then GET THE frig OUT OF THE ARMY!"
Failing that if this guy really is in this retired old school CSM see this Cpls CSM/SSM taking him aside for some old fashioned one on one career counselling

Damn I love that!

Readings for the day:

QR&O Chapter 19, 19.36 - Disclosure of Information or Opinion

DAOD 5019-0 - Conduct and Performance Deficiencies

DAOD 5019-4 - Remedial Measures

And let us never forget QR&O Chapter 15, table to article 15.01, 2(a): Release for unsatisfactory service, Unsatisfactory Conduct, "by reason of unsatisfactory civil conduct, or conviction of an offence by a civil court, of a serious nature not related to the performance of his duties but reflecting discredit on the Service".

Seems to fit nicely here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back