• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Penticton Reservist (?): "It's time to end Afghanistan war"

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does exist, he is a crewman in Penticton, still serving but never deployed.

<slight hijack>

Just a gentle reminder before we get too visceral in our comments - others have (unfairly and out of context) used postings here on Army.ca to disparage both the site and CF members, so keep in mind this is a public forum, and anything appearing here reflects on the site (generously maintained by a person, not a faceless corporation) and (like it or not) the CF.  Not saying it's happening yet, just trying to head the worst of it off.  Now that I've done my "teacher with the glasses down at the tip of her nose" thing, back to sharing your feelings about this fellow...

</slight highjack>

It's time to toss this "Cpl" out on his ear. He does not deserve to wear the same uniform that my son did. He is a disgrace to the CF and his unit.

To the CO of his unit: Sir, please do everything in your power to see this person released.

Thank you.

Kiwi99 said:

Then he is a very unknowledgable person to be holding the rank of Cpl and is about to find out the severity of his recent letter writting campaign.  I have seen three letters written by him now, over the last three months.  The fact that he identified himself as a member of the CF Reserves would normally bring him up on Charges under the articles that dapaterson posted.  The fact that he has been doing this during an Election Campaign makes his transgressions even more serious.  I am sure this Cpl is about to receive the full force of Military Justice System.

It is quite obvious that this Cpl is totally oblivious of what it means to be a member of the CF.  He knows nothing of the Code of Service Discipline.  He has no concept of Security, nor Trust and Confidentiality.  He has no real concepts of what the CF is, nor what its capabilities are.  This is yet another case of someone thinking that they are smarter than all others, but proving with every attempt, that they are stupid and untrustworthy.

His education will continue.

If this person is really the author of this article, and if he is subjec to the CSD in its regard, I would be interested in seeing how justice is served.

Obviously, we have the rules and regulations in place that outlaw this particular behaviour from a soldier.  Unfortunately, imposing justice on someone for this would be a tricky matter and I have to wonder if it will be followed through.  Although the comments may have been uttered while he was not subject to the code, if they are being aired while he is, is he still held liable?   I also wonder how far and how thickly the shit will splatter.  

However, there have been similar incidents where regular soldiers have aired similar concerns over past missions; I am willing to share a recollection of one Cpl who went on televised air, in uniform, to discuss his concerns about how a mission had been run... and did not face reprimand.  At the time (mid 90's), the CF was struggling to restore national faith, and this individual certainly did not toe the line.

Ultimately, the question is, is the CMJ willing to hear such a potentially publicly unpopular trial?

Kiwi99 said:

He can be charged and court martialed.

I'm sure PPCLI GUY is already on it.        ;)

BTW...doesn't matter if he gets out of the Reserves either.

Charges can be laid and have been in the past against former serving members. They just drag you in.

Regards

I hate being reactionary, but:

This seems like a not so subtle reminder to leaders to remind their troops of their left and right of arcs when talking to the media.

If they decide to take him to task he'll make himself out to be Erin Brokovitch. I fear the worst is yet to come in the next few days when the National news brings out the usual "experts" and ask them the question "so what's to be done now that the rank and file are coming out against the mission?"

Please let this clown turn out to be a Poser.

This man does not deserve to wear the uniform. I've been reading posts in this thread and I agree with everyone on the fact that this "man" should be punished.

This brings me to my first question, What type of charges can be laid against him if he truly is in the CF. Call me dumb but sorry I'm not sure, anyone please inform me? :)

You would think a man who serves in a VOLUNTEER military would speak good things about it. The Canadian Armed forces is one of the most respected military in the world.

::)

REPLY # 39

dapaterson said:
Readings for the day:

QR&O Chapter 19, 19.36 - Disclosure of Information or Opinion

DAOD 5019-0 - Conduct and Performance Deficiencies

DAOD 5019-4 - Remedial Measures

And let us never forget QR&O Chapter 15, table to article 15.01, 2(a): Release for unsatisfactory service, Unsatisfactory Conduct, "by reason of unsatisfactory civil conduct, or conviction of an offence by a civil court, of a serious nature not related to the performance of his duties but reflecting discredit on the Service".

Seems to fit nicely here...

That is what I was referring too. Why the rolly eyes?

Edit: Disregard my last, apparently I'm a touch paranoid.

Dissident said:
That is what I was referring too. Why the rolly eyes?

???

Do you have multiple accounts?  I was responding to Slowmode, who never bothered to read this post.

For those who might like to see more of his so called handi-work....

http://www.bclocalnews.com/okanagan_similkameen/pentictonwesternnews/opinion/letters/28673889.html

sounds like a real piece of work...

personally if we had a troop like that around here, I can see them getting sorted out by the CoC in the CSMs office, and later "Sorted out" by the troops, out behind the POL shed....

what a disgrace to the uniform.... our unit has personaly sent 14 personal including myself over to the 'ghan, and to hear a so called "soldier" speak like this is an insult to us, and every member who has deployed there. And an Exceptional Insult to the members who did not return....

Charge him has hard as possible and get him out of the CF.... This Individual does not speak for any of us!

Reading those links, the link that goes to another letter from E.J. Demetrick, who may be his mother, is just as discusting.  For a lady who survived five years in the Netherlands in WW II to spew off as she did in that letter, is discusting.  She is ingratefull for the freedom that she received by the Liberation of Holland by Canadians, and does not feel that the people of Afghanistan are not as equally deserving. 

It shows how hypocritical some people are.

What he did was wrong, and the fact that he is absolutely right out to lunch is even more irritating. What he said will soon be taken as gospel and will no doubt be seen as the general opinion of all of us in uniform. He will be seen as a "brave young man with the courage to say what we are all thinking" I just got back from Afghanistan a few weeks back and I have been busy talking to all of my friends and family about what is going on there and why the Taliban are in fact bad guys. I have witnessed atrocities committed by the Taliban and to have some ignorant ass who has never deployed spew out lies and slander is disheartening. The fact that the utter garbage that this fool has committed to paper will outweigh my words by a factor of 100 is all the more disheartening.

Assuming the information in the Toronto Star is correct, the Code of Service Discipline may or may not be applicable in this instance.  Per the National Defence Act (and reflected in QR&O chapter 102):

Persons subject to Code of Service Discipline

60. (1) The following persons are subject to the Code of Service Discipline:

(c) an officer or non-commissioned member of the reserve force when the officer or non-commissioned member is

(i) undergoing drill or training, whether in uniform or not,

(ii) in uniform,

(iii) on duty,

(iv) [Repealed, 1998, c. 35, s. 19]

(v) called out under Part VI in aid of the civil power,

(vi) called out on service,

(vii) placed on active service,

(viii) in or on any vessel, vehicle or aircraft of the Canadian Forces or in or on any defence establishment or work for defence,

(ix) serving with any unit or other element of the regular force or the special force, or

(x) present, whether in uniform or not, at any drill or training of a unit or other element of the Canadian Forces;

That being said, other administrative measures (as mentionned in my earlier post) may apply.

Well, I am sure he's got lots of friends in the Armouries after this eh.

The most popular guy in the Mess on a Tuesday night  ::) - we'll see.

Remember lads, at the end of the day he's nothing, not fit to wipe our asses.

We are feeding him and others of his ilk with this thread, IMHO, we are giving him publicity in our own community (although negative) he does not deserve.

OWDU

I would like to thank Mr. Paul Demetrick for his letter to the editor entitled “
www.bclocalnews.com/okanagan_similkameen/pentictonwesternnews/opinion/letters/28114579.html

This link shows at least what kind of people agree with him. They too seem to be at odds with reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back