• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay Scale of RegF DEO Officer with former RegF NCM experience

Centro

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I left the RegF in 2008 after serving a 3 year contract, and was credited 6 months of full time reserve service prior to that. That is a total of 3.5 years of full time service at the rank of Pte. I am about to reenter the forces as a RegF DEO officer in a different element/trade and it seems they are not going to credit me any increase in pay scale for that time served and I will be enrolling at the same pay scale as anyone else off the street with no prior service. Is this normal practice?

Thank you.

Centro said:
Hello,

I left the RegF in 2008 after serving a 3 year contract, and was credited 6 months of full time reserve service prior to that. That is a total of 3.5 years of full time service at the rank of Pte. I am about to reenter the forces as a RegF DEO officer in a different element/trade and it seems they are not going to credit me any increase in pay scale for that time served and I will be enrolling at the same pay scale as anyone else off the street with no prior service. Is this normal practice?

3.5 years of service 7 years ago, isn't going to count for much of anything, especially if the time served was at the rank of Pte and you are now re-entering as a DEO.

So yes, in this case, it is normal.

Would it not count for pensionable time in though, or would they need to buy back time?

sidemount said:
Would it not count for pensionable time in though, or would they need to buy back time?

Isn't 3 years a return of contributions? If there's no money in the system, its hard to be credited the time I bet.

PuckChaser said:
Isn't 3 years a return of contributions? If there's no money in the system, its hard to be credited the time I bet.
I wasn't sure so I thought Id ask. Good info though thanks!

sidemount said:

It is something the OP may wish to consider ( if applicable to her/his situation ):
http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/remuneration-compensation/services-pension-services/pension/info/tirs-sbp-eng.html#a12

Thanks for the help. I will be speaking to recruiters about pension, time towards CD and time towards vacation days next week before I swear in.

If anyone else knows any other benefits I should be looking into then please let me know.

The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership. - Colin Powell...???

Back