• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay FY 07/08

Puss~in~Boots said:
Yes, everyone's pay. Im "special" too!!

Don't insult me!  Im far from being an RMS Clerk  ::)  I work for a living!

I'd say more but then I'd have to kill you   :threat:

CR ... AS? Other ...?

I haven't issued you a weapon yet!! But, I may ... please PM your Pri number.  ;D

BinRat55 said:
... got a S/C for a Leopard C2??   ;D

Well, I do have one for "Caroline" (She's a Sherman however) ... as she sits right now on the bailey bridge in Chilliwack; I'm moving her to a different account. Do you have ESP!!??  :eek:

I myself am an AS and I don't have a weapon of choice. There's a couple here i'd like to throw grenades at so hook me up will ya!  :salute:

Puss~in~Boots said:
I myself am an AS and I don't have a weapon of choice. There's a couple here i'd like to throw grenades at so hook me up will ya!   :salute:

Sure you do --- you're a trained quiller;)

BinRat55 said:
No, it's not concern per se, it's just that I was told once that unless they were given "alt-pon" only my own base could see my pay info...

For "normal" users, that is the case, but certain staff in Ottawa have all-access, and can see all files (and a select few have the ability to change any file, too).  Vey useful when the oddities arise that the local clerks have never been taught how to handle.

Puss~in~Boots said:
You might want to check out that source because it's not reliable.
I have access to everyones pay guide and I can asure you that no one was missed.
If they were, it is a specific pay problem related to them only.
You might want to make sure you're entitled to it  :p

We don't load the pay raise by SN numbers or letters. It's a bulk upload to the CCPS.

I think you may have misunderstood what I said way back. The problem is not that it didn't show up on my pay guide, it was not released on the mid/sep pay. The reference to letter groups is that the Pay/rcds Offices are divided into cells by letter groups and perhaps my clerk did not release the funds to his/her members.

I have contacted another source and they are unable to provide any info (or simply do not want to get involved).

CountDC said:
I think you may have misunderstood what I said way back. The problem is not that it didn't show up on my pay guide, it was not released on the mid/sep pay. The reference to letter groups is that the Pay/rcds Offices are divided into cells by letter groups and perhaps my clerk did not release the funds to his/her members.

I have contacted another source and they are unable to provide any info (or simply do not want to get involved).

I have run into this problem at least once in my life.  My Pay showed up on one list, but when the Clerk went and checked another list, someone had seen two people with the same name and scratched mine off the list, taking the MCpl off, and leaving the Capt.  It was a simple matter for the Pay Clerk to fix in the matter of minutes.  When I checked the next day, my pay was released by the Bank.

dapaterson said:
For "normal" users, that is the case, but certain staff in Ottawa have all-access, and can see all files (and a select few have the ability to change any file, too).  Vey useful when the oddities arise that the local clerks have never been taught how to handle.

Also useful when some clk at another base has somehow convinced the local global access user or  an alt pon clk to alt pon one of your mbrs to them and then takes full control. Alt pon clk gets nasty gram and no more alt pons, local global access user gets nasty gram and warning on abuse of their access priviledges, clk that stole account gets nasty grams from everyone and no longer has friends. God how I hate when people steal my mbrs, especially when they screw up the account. Dumbest thing I heard one day - I did it because he said the allowance dates were wrong and I had to correct them. Now that is a clerk I want to handle my pay - by the way I got promoted to General yesterday, can you correct it in the system for me. Think you got clerk problems - try being one and dealing with a bad clk.

George Wallace said:
I have run into this problem at least once in my life.  My Pay showed up on one list, but when the Clerk went and checked another list, someone had seen two people with the same name and scratched mine off the list, taking the MCpl off, and leaving the Capt.  It was a simple matter for the Pay Clerk to fix in the matter of minutes.  When I checked the next day, my pay was released by the Bank.

What a shock - 2 people with the same name, would never have thought, that must be why we have SN. At least you found someone to resolve it quick. If I really wanted to I could go to the pay office and get my clerk to issue a cheque - just didn't want to if most of the others had to wait until the end month. If the info I was given is incorrect then I will raise waves as it means - one clerk lied to me and another did not do their job and ensure at least my pay(and possibly others) was issued correctly. To think it used to be clerks took care of each other.

CountDC said:
What a shock - 2 people with the same name, would never have thought, that must be why we have SN. At least you found someone to resolve it quick. If I really wanted to I could go to the pay office and get my clerk to issue a cheque - just didn't want to if most of the others had to wait until the end month. If the info I was given is incorrect then I will raise waves as it means - one clerk lied to me and another did not do their job and ensure at least my pay(and possibly others) was issued correctly. To think it used to be clerks took care of each other.

But if you have 2 people with the same last name and the same last 3 on their service numbers ??! >:D

Seen it before - in Clothing Stores. Poor guys docs were a mess!! All it took was to actually look at the FULL SN, but you know how it is, you get used to doing something one way (last name last 3) and than bang - something like that comes along and teaches us a lesson!!

BinRat55 said:
Seen it before - in Clothing Stores. Poor guys docs were a mess!! All it took was to actually look at the FULL SN, but you know how it is, you get used to doing something one way (last name last 3) and than bang - something like that comes along and teaches us a lesson!!

And, I will back you up on that factual incident; what bothers me to this day though ... is why it occured - it's not like we normally ask them for "just" last three's anymore being that we have to input the whole service number to access their account.

One time ... buddy writes down only the last 3 & the suppie serving him didn't notice, paperwork transmitted later ... no full SN --- Suppie looks him up and chooses the first last name that matches with the same last 3 ... what were the odds that if he scrolled to the next page that he'd have found another with same last name and last 3? Not big, but obviously possible. Lesson learned.  :-\

PSAC, government reach tentative agreement
Mohammed Adam , The Ottawa Citizen
Published: Monday, November 24, 2008

Ottawa - After days of sabre-rattling, the federal government and its largest union have surprisingly reached an agreement on a new contract, averting a major confrontation and setting the stage for similar deals across the public service.

John Gordon, national president of the Public Service Alliance of Canada, told a news conference Monday that with many Canadians facing the prospect of layoffs and losing pension benefits, the union accepted the government's wage proposal in exchange for improved "economic security" for its members.

He said the tentative deal, worth a 6.8-per-cent wage increase over four years for more than 100,000 public servants, reflects the reality of the tough economic times facing the country.

"It doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at what the economy is doing right now in Canada and around the globe... Given these tough economic times, we feel this is the right thing to do," Mr. Gordon said. "We are trying to be as responsible as possible."

More than 50,000 members of PSAC in other bargaining units, including those at the National Capital Commission, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, Parks Canada and the Auditor General's department are currently in negotiations and Mr. Gordon said he hopes his deal will serve as a model for them.

Treasury Board President Vic Toews said the settlement was fair and called on other unions to tread a similar path.
"Canadians understand that we are in some very difficult economic times and I think the union has recognized that," Mr. Toews said.

He would not say whether the agreement reduces the risk of government legislation to control wages, insisting that his task is to settle the outstanding contracts through negotiations.

Mr. Gordon said the tentative agreement was reached so late on Sunday, he hasn't had time to brief sister unions like the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada.

The PSAC deal appears to have taken PIPSC by surprise. Last week its president, Michèle Demers, slammed the federal government for trying to intimidate the unions and vowed they would not "roll over." Yesterday, officials said Ms. Demers was not available for comment as the institute was examining its options. However, with a settlement by the largest union, and the threat of a legislated contract hanging over the rest (Mr. Toews made what he called a final offer to them last week), experts say PIPSC has very little option but to settle for a similar contract. But it is not only PIPSC that could be affected by new contract.

Its significance may reach farther than the federal public service. Other public-sector employers, such as provincial and municipal governments facing the same financial squeeze as the federal government, could see the PSAC deal as the model to follow. The City of Ottawa, for instance, briefly considered and rejected a wage freeze to help cope with the financial strain. PSAC's four-year deal, offering wage increases of 2.3 per cent, 1.5, 1.5, and 1.5 per cent over four years, could be attractive.

Ottawa Councillor Diane Deans acknowledged that one key factor city officials often take into account in negotiations is other public-sector settlements.

"A settlement like this will be one of the many key indicators we will look at. But in really uncertain times, you look to do shorter deals, not longer ones," she said. 

The PSAC deal was finalized midnight Sunday after days of heightened tension during which both sides talked tough. Citing the need for belt-tightening in the face of an economic recession, the federal government tabled a four-year take-it-or-leave-it wage offer to about 20 unions engaged in contract talks. And to drive the point home, the government warned that it would not hesitate to legislate the offer if the unions rejected it.

Mr. Gordon said PSAC was not intimidated by the government's hard line, saying the union settled because it achieved some long-term goals. During negotiations that began on Thursday, Mr. Gordon said, it became clear that the government would not budge from its wage demands. In the circumstance, the union decided that in the current economic climate, it was best to lower its wage demands and find gains elsewhere.

"We believed in negotiations with Treasury Board officials that they were hard and fast with respect to the economic increases... PSAC, in reviewing this, felt that the best thing to do is take recognition of these economic times but at the same time address issues that we have had for many years," he said. "We went to the table to try to achieve that and I believe we managed to address those areas."

The gains by the union include: new national pay rates for some members who work in trades, for the first time in 41 years; improvement to bereavement and compassionate leave; as well as maternal and paternal leave.

The contract will be put to a ratification vote beginning in December, but the final result won't be known until early January. Union leaders are recommending acceptance.

"It has been a roller-coaster ride for our membership but we feel this is an accomplishment given the challenging times we are in," Mr. Gordon said. "While our expectations were higher, we should be proud of what we were able to achieve."
http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=c690052a-a758-4d29-9ec4-fb8c1755273c

geo said:
... the CDS' decision to announce the 2% does not preclude another adjustment ONCE the PS contract negociations are complete.  I can only thank the CDS for biting the bullet and coming up with some cash to tide us away until PS negs are done.
So, do we still think there is room for optimism? 

I think a month or two ago the UNDE was talking about the puny offer they received, 2.2% per year for 3 years or something.  Doesn't look so bad now.

Given the CF already got 2% for this FY, it will likely equate to a 0.3% retro adjustment (01 Apr 08 onwards), plus 1.5% for each of 09/10, 10/11, and 11/12.

Back