• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Past Artillery Deployments

neko

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find out when and where in the past the artillery has been deployed overseas? I have read most of the threads on this board and have googled the topic but cannot seem to find what I am looking for. So if anyone knows of a website or a book (or a thread if I've missed a relevant one) I would really appreciate the information. I am applying to the military, specifically artillery and am trying gain as much knowledge as possible. Also aside from their role in avalanche control does the artillery assist in any other operations in Canada?
And if you want to pass on any other information you think I might find useful I'd be more than happy to accept it :D

Regards,
Neko

http://www.artillery.net/english/engstart.htm

As a general statement, you will find that the artillery deploys on just about every operation in one capacity or another.  Hence out motto "Ubique", latin for "Everywhere".  This can be from individual augmentee as a military observer with the United Nations to deploying battery's in support of combat operations.  Read more about the artillery at the link above.

Thank you for replying, however I had already found this site and have gone through it and have followed some links including the RCA museum website. I've gained alot of knowledge for sure but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for.
What exactly would artillery do on a peacekeeping mission? I wouldn't have thought they would be deployed on one.
Regards,
Neko

As far as I know they would do more or less the same job as the infantry on a peace keeping mission. If my memory serves me correctly my bro has been in Cyprus, Bosnia x2 and Honduras. Currently serving in Afghanistan.

Back