• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Passed PT Test ... Now what??

ManWithThePlan

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey Everyone:

This is my first post. Stumbled upon this board about 4 months ago when I first applied. Has been a great help along the way :salute: Just did my PT test yesterday. I was prepared for it. I can definitely say that "If you fail to prepare, you are failing to Fail." :threat: I was told by my Recruiting Officer that I would be merit listed. Just wondering what is usually the next step in the journey.

I am in Ottawa ... does the process go any faster here? As far as the selection is concerned.  I have a 2 year diploma in Computer Networking. However, I was told it would not make a difference in my selection for the trade I chose. (LCIS) I have completed all of the steps as far as I know. Does anyone know when the next selection board is?

Position Applied For: LCIS
CFAT, Interview, Medical : Completed October 5, 2005
PT Test: Completed: November 3, 2005
Merit Listed: November 3, 2005

Anyone that can shed any light on my situation would be appreciated ... I was just wondering if there is a chance that I could still start BMQ before Christmas.   

Thanks

P.S.  I just moved to Ottawa from Newfoundland 4 months ago ... don't know anyone. :-\ So if anyone would like to add me to their MSN I would appreciate that alot. At least someone to talk to and chat. :cdn:

GO ARMY OR GO HOME!

BMQ before X-mas, not good odds.  I was merit listed(Sept) and  then selected( Oct)(FCS tech) and still no date for me.  The process here( in Ottawa) is no faster than any where else.  I started this trip last jan, and I am still waiting for the call.  As for the next selection date I have no idea, might be one in Dec, but don't know for sure.  The next step for you will be getting your file looked at by the selection board and then waiting.  Seeing as you are merit listed, to pass the time you should be doing lots of PT for the day you go to BMQ.  I'll be MSNing you soon.

cheers
FITSUMO

Thanks Fitsumo ..

That was a fast reply ... I know I was being a bit too optimistic... lol

Thanks Dearryan ..

I don't know what you mean by the ranking.... how would I find that out ... just call my recruiting officer?

Hey i chose FCS tech as first choice and LCIS as second and I was talking to a careear counselor yesterday he told me that the next selection date won't be till April 1, 2006 because they are all full as of right now....I'm hoping he is wrong but who knows....so i guess we will all be waiting till April...only 6 months....

I went over my 2 choices today with my MCC. My first choice in ATIS (same as LCIS except I will wear blue) my second AVS. One  has 2 spots and is listed as a priority 5 (i think that is the lowest priority) the other (AVS) is a priority 1 and has lots of spots. I was hoping to get some training bypass for ATIS (technologists diploma RF Communications) but we will see what happens. Its in their hands now. Do you know if you are eligible for any training credit with your schooling? Good luck with your application.

Later

Ryan

Priority 5 means not a lot of spots and your file must be very competitive to be processed for that trade.

Priority 1 means a lot of spots available and your file does not have to be as competitive.

Back