• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Parachutist wings from cadets on my PRes or RegF uniform

• Thread starter silentseaforthsoldier
  • Start date
C/MCpl Pryce said:
Point is. It's out of their element. Also it's a Canadian Forces qualification not a cadet qualification, so in a sense it is training for airborne operations, which could just basically mean, jumping from a C-130 from 800m, with a 150 ruk, rifle, and then run to a designated point a mile  or two from the DZ. So technically in a sense, Cadets do take part in Airborne operations. :walt:

We'll call up the sea cadets to softened up the hillsides with BB guns from their sailboats.

God speed.

Well the word Airborne means "Something carried by the Air" and a operation could be me just picking something up down the road. A better word to use would Parachuting. And by "Airborne Operation" I was not referring to a military wartime OP. If you know where i'm getting at. I'm just having difficulty finding the words, to get my actual thought across.

C/MCpl Pryce said:
Well the word Airborne means "Something carried by the Air" and a operation could be me just picking something up down the road. A better word to use would Parachuting. And by "Airborne Operation" I was not referring to a military wartime OP. If you know where i'm getting at. I'm just having difficulty finding the words, to get my actual thought across.

So my flamboyant cousin who is a flight steward(ess) with porter is conducting airborne operations daily. I'll buy him/her a beer next time he's home.

Although some of your CIC officers no doubt resemble Field-Marshal Goering; don't confuse a youth organisation (designed to produce better citizens) for a military youth organisation.

How about the word you're looking for is "Air Portable".  Save yourself the grief and go with that............

Bruce Monkhouse said:
How about the word you're looking for is "Air Portable".  Save yourself the grief and go with that............

"Air Portable". 
"Air Transportable". 
"Air Dropable". 

I have been convinced. Just wish I didn't go in balls deep... Mods any chance of you guys helping me out and deleting some unruly comments of mine?  :crybaby:

armoured soon said:
I am a cic officer, and i hope to get on the Basic Para course this year with the cadets.  i have been training for some time now, and i was just wondering what other exercises i can do to help me do better while i am on course?  i am sure htere are plenty of airborne out there.  please help me out if you could.

P.S. and just to let you know my name should be spelled Ex Coelis.  but it was already taken...

It's kinda late. But chin ups, push ups do lot's and lot's and lot's, Run, and lower body training. You don't want to break a leg on landing. If anyone else wants advice, my cousin was on course with the US Army, but like i said broke his leg. But i could possible get advice on training for yea.

Wow, did you guys just make a cadet cry on an online forum? hahaha

C/MCpl Pryce said:
I have been convinced. Just wish I didn't go in balls deep... Mods any chance of you guys helping me out and deleting some unruly comments of mine?  :crybaby:

Take it as a learning experience. I think most of us can think back to something we've said - or read our own posts from years ago - and cringe.

It's not a big deal, and if you get into the military you'l realize that opening your mouth wide enough to fit your own foot - and then having someone else kick your other leg out from under you - is pretty much a part of maturing into the organization. Don't try to hide goofs; own them, learn, and move on.

Snakedoc said:
Wow, did you guys just make a cadet cry on an online forum? hahaha

Haha no. Just made me look back, and realize that I was talking out of my ass. :facepalm:

Brihard said:
Take it as a learning experience. I think most of us can think back to something we've said - or read our own posts from years ago - and cringe.

It's not a big deal, and if you get into the military you'l realize that opening your mouth wide enough to fit your own foot - and then having someone else kick your other leg out from under you - is pretty much a part of maturing into the organization. Don't try to hide goofs; own them, learn, and move on.

Thanks.  :salute: Last smiley. I'm starting to abuse these buggers.

C/MCpl Pryce said:

Nope. I think we'll leave this up as a warning to read more post less. Stickied and locked with the usual caveats.

C/MCpl Pryce said:
It's kinda late. But chin ups, push ups do lot's and lot's and lot's, Run, and lower body training. You don't want to break a leg on landing. If anyone else wants advice, my cousin was on course with the US Army, but like i said broke his leg. But i could possible get advice on training for yea.

Let's see, post is 9 years old and he hasn't been on the site since 2010.

Read more, post less.

The Army.ca Staff

Nerf herder said:
Let's see, post is 9 years old and he hasn't been on the site since 2010.

Read more, post less.

The Army.ca Staff

For anyone getting around to actually read this post. I just thought it would be appropriate to post this up since I am in a position to get help.  And i'm also taking into account that the last posts were appox- a year old. I'll stop posting.

This is my first post on this site. I registered for just so I could get some insight on the BPC (Basic Parachutist Course) and Pre-Para (I live in BC). I've done Fullbore Phase 1, Phase 2, and RCAC National Rifle Team. I want to commit my next 2 years (If I have to) to just training for para. I've looked at past threads on this, and none have had the depth and info I needed. Also, most of them were dated. Some things I would like to know:

Pre Para:
- How to apply?
- Pre-requisites?
- Fitness requirements?
- What to expect?
- How to prepare?

Pre-Para in BC is done in Vernon, in March. Around that time it is awfully chilly and cool. Rarely ever hot. Unlike CFB Trenton, which is the opposite during the summer, when BPC is held.

BPC:
- Fitness standards?
- What to expect?
- How to prepare?
- How to survive?
etc, etc.

If there's any other crucial information that I should know, or any info in general that will help me, it would be greatly, greatly appreciated!
Also, if someone could be a lad and kind of, make a work out kind of plan for this, that would be amazing!

Thanks for taking the time to read/contribute to this thread!

Clarke.

This is probably a little late for this summer, as I believe pre-para has already run this spring.  So for next year, start running and running.  And doing push ups and chinups.  Provided you meet the other requirements (age, star level, etc), physical fitness is a major driver to getting you through pre-para, which may get you on the course. 

TerminalCorporal said:
Pre-Para in BC is done in Vernon, in March. Around that time it is awfully chilly and cool. Rarely ever hot. Unlike CFB Trenton, which is the opposite.

You should probably know that Trenton isn't hot in March.

Ranger Rick said:
You should probably know that Trenton isn't hot in March.

I meant to say that Pre-Para is held in cold March, and you train in the cold weather. But if you make para in Trenton, it's held during the summer and the conditions are almost the opposite, and it's extremely hot and humid. I edited the post to make clearer.

Back