• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ottawa Recruits?

Tiffany0x said:
I'm in Pembroke but my recruiting centre is Ottawa. :) Just got the email today with my security forms so I just finished filling those out and will be making the drive to Ottawa to drop them off tomorrow! Then it's a waiting game for all of the testing.. it's been less than a month from online application to now.

I applied as a med tech.

Tiffany,
Best of luck on your security forms, from what I understand the ottawa CFRC is one of the better ones in the country, I went from submitting the online forms to finishing my interview in about a month and a half, others have seen similar results. Make sure you keep contact with at least one of the recruiters, mine was Sgt Laforce, and they'll keep you up to date on the progress of your application.

You're definitely on the right track,

Feel free to drop me a message.

ublmeister said:
Tiffany,
Best of luck on your security forms, from what I understand the ottawa CFRC is one of the better ones in the country, I went from submitting the online forms to finishing my interview in about a month and a half, others have seen similar results. Make sure you keep contact with at least one of the recruiters, mine was Sgt Laforce, and they'll keep you up to date on the progress of your application.

You're definitely on the right track,

Feel free to drop me a message.

Got the call a couple of days ago for my medical, interview, and CFAT all on May 13th. The process is going pretty quickly for me and I couldn't be happier!

Tiffany, when did you and in your application?

I'm an Ottawa recruit/applicant, I applied for ACSO.
Sent my application in on Apr 09, still waiting for email that they sent my application to CFRC.

Stiman said:
Tiffany, when did you and in your application?

I'm an Ottawa recruit/applicant, I applied for ACSO.
Sent my application in on Apr 09, still waiting for email that they sent my application to CFRC.

What's your entry plan?
My process looks like this
Recruiting Center: CFRC Ottawa
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Entry plan: ROTP
Trade Choice 1: Infantry (offered)
Trade Choice 2: Armoured
Trade Choice 3: Artillery
Application Date: 21 December, 2013
Sent in documents/paperwork: 8 January, 2013
Aptitude Test: 18 February, 2013
Medical: 25 February, 2013
Interview: 25 February, 2013
Swearing in: 10 July, 2013
Report Date: 28 July, 2013

Also, good news Tiffany :)

Another OTown boy here.

Applied in December of 2012. Got through the tests, med, phys, and interview and am now waiting for a call. Engineer/Artillery/Infantry is the order I applied to. Ive been told the Engineers are very competitive to get into, plus theyre selecting in the fall, whereas the Artillery and Infantry are selecting in the summer... So for now, I sit and enjoy the "good ol days" while im in them.

I have a wife and a two year old.. .and Im always looking for someone to play ball with - a simple game of catch can go a long way!!
Whos in?

congrats on getting through the application process, I actually applied to the same three trades in the same order.
I am waiting for my interview though.
Good Luck!

Hey,

Ive been told that the CAF has called one of my references, so I messaged the other references that I used and they haven't gotten a call...yet. Does anyone know if checking a reference is a sign that an intake call is fast approaching? I wouldn't imagine that they would call references months in advance,,,right?

Any one know the actual system/timeline they use? Either way. Im excited to find out.

108 Stitches said:
Hey,

Ive been told that the CAF has called one of my references, so I messaged the other references that I used and they haven't gotten a call...yet. Does anyone know if checking a reference is a sign that an intake call is fast approaching? I wouldn't imagine that they would call references months in advance,,,right?

Any one know the actual system/timeline they use? Either way. Im excited to find out.

A friend of mine used me as a reference for the military and they called me over a year ago. However, he just received his Canadian citizenship and his background check is more extensive than most would be.
When my references were called, only 1 out of the 5 I gave was called. They called my boss, which wasn't a reference I gave lol.

It is a good sign that they are calling, it means your application is moving along :)

108 Stitches said:
Hey,

It doesn't mean that an offer is imminent, but it does mean things are moving along. Good luck!

My background came back and as far as I know they didn't check any of my references lol. I only contacted a couple though so they could have called others! Merit listed now !

I got The Call for Artillery today, which I happily accepted.

Swearing in on August 13, report to BMQ in St.Jean on the 17th. Between excitement, anxiety, and a little heartbreak... I have a hell of a lot to do to get my ducks in a row within the next month!!

Yikes.

Back