• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ottawa M&G - 2009

Ok so the date for the M&G sucks - how about.....

• Total voters
MediPea said:
23rd should work for me as I am going to be running my first half marathon the next day in Ottawa. I'll confirm closer to the date though.

Won't that curtail your drinking somewhat?  :cheers:  ;)

Taper and carb loading.... ;D

Hey Ladies and Gentlemen:

I lead a very sheltered life and all these shenanigans are making me doubt the wisdom of attending this
  M & G ! From here it sounds like a typical ARMY Smoker, and I don't know if this old man's body can take the stress.

Cheers,

tango22a

Don't worry, tango22a, we're pretty nice to the "distinguished" gents!!

tango22a said:
... From here it sounds like a typical ARMY Smoker, and I don't know if this old man's body can take the stress.

Cheers,

tango22a

Juding by your avtar, I'm thinking you're 110% OK with a typical ARMY smoker ... and quite familiar with how to ensure the aim of entertainment is fully maintained throughout.

;)

Does that being nice bit extend to seniors as well as distinguished guests?

Old Sweat said:
Does that being nice bit extend to seniors as well as distinguished guests?

That's what I meant by "distinguished".  Just trying to be PC.  ;)

No, JM, you're not quite dead yet....... ;D

Journeyman:
"Extinguished" is correct!! This thread brings back MANY memories of my foolishness in my salad days.
Bring on the M & G !!

Cheers,

tango22a

P.S.: Thanks a lot Vern (Hope to see you there),

P.P.S.: You should remember the soldier's motto " Always maintain the aim!"

Lil_T said:
By that reasoning Moe, most men never age past 17  ;)

PMedMoe said:
I was thinking 12, but close enough.  ;D

..and yet women still wonder why husbands die before their wives,......it's because we WANT to.

Good One Bruce! I find as I (quickly) grow older that looking back on a mis-spent youth ("you can make a man out of a boy, but you can't take the boy out of the man") is quite accurate in my case....but what the hell let'r rip!

Cheers,

tango22a

Bruce Monkhouse said:
..and yet women still wonder why husbands die before their wives,......it's because we WANT to.

:rofl:

More lasagne for me then.

PMedMoe said:
Oh, c'mon guys, you're only as old as you feel act.  ;)

"A man is as young as the woman he feels." - Groucho Marx

My attendance is up in the air now for the 23rd... I'm in Meaford for the summer starting on the 19th, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get back to Ottawa that weekend.

Subject to change.  ;D

If those BMQ rumours are true - I will definitely be there!

Back