• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OT questions not covered...

honestyrules

Inactive
Reaction score
I did a search on the forum, but my questions are different and not exactly answered. If it does, I'll go back to do my homeworks!

Is there just one selection board for OTs for the CF, or it's more "branch" related?

Is there just one board selection a year?

If you miss the opportunity for this year's board (If there is just one a year), is there special board sessions for trades that are in yellow/red status?

Is it good/bad to include two choices of trades for OT? (If they are close/same branch/same series).

I called at recruiting and they say that now, the procedures changed ,that you put your application in yourself through recruiting center, and by memo, you just"notify your CofC" to make them aware of what's coming. Apparently ,the BPSO is more of an adviser now (if you're sure of your choice, you don't need to meet him/her at this point), so you go through BPSO's office when they call you for interview... Does it sounds right?

OT competitions are normally advertised through Routine Orders and CANFORGENS.  Best to go over those to get a feel of when they are open and for what trades and the BPSO's office is the always the best source of information WRT OTs.

I called at recruiting and they say that now, the procedures changed ,that you put your application in yourself through recruiting center
Please don't confuse Component Transfers with Occupational Transfers.  CTs are through recruiting and OTs are through BPSOs.

Sorry but I'm getting a bit confused between the terminology - could someone clarify which each refers to?
The reason I am asking is that I am considering transfering from Res to Reg, Army to Air, Crewman to Tfc in the future and am just trying to figure out the process when I do.
Thanks, Ed.

Spartan said:
Sorry but I'm getting a bit confused between the terminology - could someone clarify which each refers to?
The reason I am asking is that I am considering transfering from Res to Reg, Army to Air, Crewman to Tfc in the future and am just trying to figure out the process when I do.
Thanks, Ed.

Res F to Reg F transfers are through the Component (CT) Transfer process.

Back