• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OT after CT

Ntg392

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all,

Question WRT subject. I am a former reg force/ present  res force veh tech. 12 yrs,  last 9 reserve. I CT'd back to regs effective 28 April 16. QL4 regs, 5's reserve (2008). I have completed plq 1-5, many years of class b/c service, TF 1-10, and I have spent the last 14 months at 12e RBC. At this point it appears I may need to repeat OJT/QL5. If my previous service will not suffice to CT myself as trained, I intend to take the opportunity and OT. So my question is, is there a mandatory freeze on OT after CT?

Regards,

If I were you I would ask that question personally at my sitting with the career manager... He / She would know best what restrictions would be in place and they will want to know your intentions for a VoT since they have a hand in "letting you go"

My guess, I suspect you very well might be placed under a category in which OT would not be available for your first contract  vie 4 years.

Hello,

It is possible to OT after a CT.  In fact you could CT/OT simultaneously. As a Regular Force member you are eligible to apply for the annual VOT program so long as you meet the criteria one of which is 48 months of service in your current MOSID.  I note you have previous Regular Force time and this could be counted toward the 48 months when you apply for VOT as the 48 months was put into place to recoup time for training rendered.  I would sit with your local BPSO and discuss with her/him.

Cheers

Back