• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ORCA Class training vessel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pictures of a Naval craft passing through the Welland Canal are not the same as pictures of the vessel under construction.

The navy released many pictures of the MCDV's and CPF's under construction, because the navy was proud that their 1970's designed CPFs were finally started production in the late 80's.  They wanted to show off the modular construction.

Knowing how a ship is laid out provides no advantage to the enemy....... unless they were to board her, but if you are dead in the water and about to be boarded by an opposing force.....when it gets to that point the white flag will have already been flown or the ship scuttled.

Nonetheless taking pictures on a military installation is not a smart practice.

Sub_Guy said:
The navy released many pictures of the MCDV's and CPF's under construction, because the navy was proud that their 1970's designed CPFs were finally started production in the late 80's.   They wanted to show off the modular construction.

You said it right there Sub_Guy....THE NAVY released them.  Not the sailors, THE NAVY.  If the public wants to see pictures of the ORCAs, let them ask through Public Affairs.  I think it would be great if they showed her off too.  I keep looking and seeing what a great ship she will be, but I'd love to see inside too.  But I also know, that I'm not going to risk my job or my clearance just because Joe Public has asked to see what is happening.  Would you??

I remembering reading about it somewhere Ex-D, but can't think where now.  I'll keep looking.

Ex-Dragoon said:
Geez do you post anything that isn't confrontational with everything else people post???
I asked a fair question, IMHO.  Gearing up for another round, are we?  Things been too quiet?

Gino said:
I asked a fair question, IMHO.  Gearing up for another round, are we?  Things been too quiet?

oh yes.... my day is not complete, whenever you take a hiatus from the site ::)

Ex-Dragoon said:
Nonetheless taking pictures on a military installation is not a smart practice.

True enough, but I would think that anything going on in a shipyard visible from any public right-of-way would be fair game.  Saint John Shipbuilding went as far as to build an observation deck just off the sidewalk during the CFP programme.  Presumably anything they didn't want the world to know about was done in the assembly building before each module was hoisted into the drydock.

How many times must you be told?  Are you sure that you want to be in the Military?  Use your head, and some common sense.

Ex-Dragoon said:
oh yes.... my day is not complete, whenever you take a hiatus from the site ::)
I am afraid that my hiatus will now be permanent.  If this is the calibre of debate and DS that this forum has to offer, I can well do without it.  Save your scathing rejoinder, for I won't be seeing it.

George Wallace said:
How many times must you be told?  Are you sure that you want to be in the Military?  Use your head, and some common sense.

I don't think that's called for.

Okay then, bringing this thread back on track.  For those that have access to the DIN, there is a great link that has been very recently updated, on the ORCAs.

Gino said:
I am afraid that my hiatus will now be permanent.  If this is the calibre of debate and DS that this forum has to offer, I can well do without it.  Save your scathing rejoinder, for I won't be seeing it.
buh-byeee!
Neill McKay said:
I don't think that's called for.
nobody cares.

You two have super day!

All right, fellas, somebody help me out here.  I've posted three times in this thread, and attracted snarky comments from the DS each time.  What exactly have I said that's got people pissed off?

I just spent 30 minutes with a couple of search engines and was able to find everything
from builders photos to the radar specs to the size of the fresh water tanks out in the public
domain.  To rehash an old line here.... Google is your friend.

All right, fellas, somebody help me out here.  I've posted three times in this thread, and attracted snarky comments from the DS each time.  What exactly have I said that's got people pissed off?

Nothing.  You're an officer (strike one) and a reservist (strike two).  Doesn't take that much to vex people around here.  Glad to see nothing's changed over the past few months I've been away.

hamiltongs said:
Nothing.  You're an officer (strike one) and a reservist (strike two).  Doesn't take that much to vex people around here.  Glad to see nothing's changed over the past few months I've been away.

If you say so.

Most of us just question their naivete of Security Measures.

George Wallace said:
Most of us just question their naivete of Security Measures.

You may question mine if you like, but again I've said relatively little on the subject here -- only, in effect, that what goes on in a commercial facility in full view of the public is more or less public information.  At any rate, I think I've been civil about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back