• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Online Application -_-

armyrules

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was in the process of filling put the online application form, to go reserves. Everything was going great until they ask me if there is a reserve unit that I had in mind..(not in those words) so I put in the one I wanted and I filled out more of the application. I go back to review it and now the unit I wanted no longer want is listed. 

Would it be because they are not hiring?

The unit is lie a 20 minute drive from my house, so its not like its a big drive or anything.

Also the only CFRC they gave me was Kingtson. I'm in Newington,ON I don't know if you guys have an idea where that it but its close to Cornwall which is where the unit is. Maybe the form is being a little "wonky"

Any ideas folks?

Your best bet is to call the CFRC in Kingston and ask them.

Thanks Jeff. What I don't understand though is when I did the enrollment process for the Reg force back in 06 I did everything out in Ottawa, now I live in the general area as I did then. (I Vrd for a woman..I know I know stupid mistake) :) Would I better off ahead if I went to the unit myself?

I'm not entirely familiar with PRes applications but i have a feeling if you contact CFRC Kingston you'd be better off but on the other hand you may be told by CFRC Kingston to go to the actual and talk to their recruiter

As a PRES recruiter in Nova Scotia I say it is better to go to the unit that you want to join and talk to them. The online application has glitches in it. (I know, I was shocked too) The biggest problem is that not all trades are offered in the Reserves or even in your area. For instance a person applied on line to be Infantry filled out everything and waited for his call. The problem was he lives in PEI there is no Infantry regiment on the Island. One young guy tried to apply to join my unit so he went to CFRC here in Halifax they told him to apply online, but he couldn't pick my unit to join as it isn't listed

So I tell every one that wants to apply to the Reserves go down and do it in person it is a faster route in at least here in NS/PEI

Back