• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OMFG!!! UGH!!! I AM SOOO ANNOYED RIGHT NOW!! *WARNING THIS IS A RANT*

The recruiting system is in need of a big change.  My girlfriend is a scholl teacher n Sudbury, she always tell me about this navy guy that goes to the school on a recruiting drive.  She says he is so boring the kids & her fall asleep.  He show's the same boring video, same boring speech.

She asked me, "I thought military life was exciting"??It is but this guy's a snoozer.  I talked to some of her kids informally, told them about day to day military life, the barracks, the pay, how you can afford a new car when your 19 etc....  They took to that more....

Its all about respect and clearly your so called friend had little respect for you while you were there for her. Ignore her, she is not worth the time of day IMO.

Sorry about the run-in with the woman.  The only thing that I have running through my mind right now is her becoming the bitter, twisted, miserably disappointed, wife of a junior officer, living on the patch and letting everyone within earshot know of her malice towards the CF.  I can just imagine her during a deployment being the suzy sunshine of the patch and MFRC.  Yikes!

After all these years, I still don't get why these personalities end up marrying a mil guy/gal and then spend the rest of their marriage being miserable. 

I do agree that the recruitment systems needs to be looked at. It is not perfect...but nothing is perfect. I do think some times people who have to deal with a RC are some time miss inforormed. But its life....Can it be better??? of course... I am caught up some Recruting/transfer thing is it fun? not!

I agree totaly that the girl who gave a bad time to the author of this thread is just not open minded. Im sorry for you and for what happened.

:( things can sometime be hell.

niner domestic said:

After all these years, I still don't get why these personalities end up marrying a mil guy/gal and then spend the rest of their marriage being miserable. 

Some folks are just hard-wired to be miserable.  It doesn't MATTER who they marry.

Nice rant MedTech.

Feels good to vent eh?  :warstory:

MedTech said:
From what I understood was that the Australian Armoured Corps really shafted the fiance, and because of his language skills he was left on a ship with the navy to patrol for 3 months. He did nothing for 3 months.

Off topic a little,  I'm curious though.  How badly do you have to speak English to not be allowed off the boat?

*runs and hides for that really bad joke*

LMAO, Zell... you're horrible :) and sorry ppl it's ex ARMY guy, not EXAM GUY... sorry.. the spell check changed it even though I said ignore :(

Oh ya, she did get all her info from him, the jaded junior officer of the Australian Armoured Corps.

I am 100 and 10% behind the point that our recruiting system is messed up. I sit in my office everyday, and when I'm out shaking hands and promoting the CF, thinking only one thing. I can not recruit fast enough to replenish our attrition. Its such a big problem! Our system is slow for our critically short clinicians in the medical field, and it's something the forces have been SCREAMING for. Oh well... what do I know :)

Honestly, I really hope that the fiance doesnt join now. I dont want his negative attitude to resurface after he discovers that he doesnt like the PRes in the CF either. I think it'll be better off....

I think the real issue here is, not only did he use OMFG in his thread title, I can attest that, on more then one occasion, the individual in question has entered the room, and started a conversation with just those 4 words.   :dontpanic:

:stirpot:

DF

edit:  why didn't my smilie work?

I am 100 and 10% behind the point that our recruiting system is messed up.

Glad to hear it from someone at ground zero.

I guess the whole mantra "Don't join the infantry, it will destroy your knees, you should go into a trade!" is REALLY backfiring now.

ParaMedTech said:
I think the real issue here is, not only did he use OMFG in his thread title, I can attest that, on more then one occasion, the individual in question has entered the room, and started a conversation with just those 4 words.  :dontpanic:

Oh you!  :threat: hey... that is true isn't it LOL! Well I guess I really gotta stop using those 4 words... oh well :) at least my last time using it was said in the utmost despair... lol

Back