• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OFFICIAL MEN'S OLYMPIC HOCKEY THREAD

My bro in law mentioned how well Carey Price played here and not so well in Habland.

I said "but he has a team in front of him now".

Jim Seggie said:
My bro in law mentioned how well Carey Price played here and not so well in Habland.
Price was awesome throughout.  He definitely should have been the first star.

Sucks to have been Luongo, warming the bench.

krustyrl said:
....or Subban watching from the pines.

There's no way he makes that roster. He's a defensive liability on a roster built around stellar defense. Maybe sitting will teach him about the other half of the game.

PuckChaser said:
There's no way he makes that roster. He's a defensive liability on a roster built around stellar defense. Maybe sitting will teach him about the other half of the game.

Plus he has a tendency to run off at the mouth at the opposition and the officials. I could see him getting two for being a mouth piece.

Sucks to have been Luongo, warming the bench.

I honestly think Lu is one of the only goaltenders that would be genuinely happy to see Price get the starting position. He's already got his medal and I think he's happy to see Canada get a new bona fide starter in Price.

Jim Seggie said:
Plus he has a tendency to run off at the mouth at the opposition and the officials. I could see him getting two for being a mouth piece.
And that's another thing -- WTF, having Canadian Refs?!!  Even Grapes called it; there were 1-2 dubious calls against Canada, showing they were 'unbiased' :not-again:

Journeyman said:
And that's another thing -- WTF, having Canadian Refs?!!  Even Grapes called it; there were 1-2 dubious calls against Canada, showing they were 'unbiased' :not-again:

They were all very experienced NHL refs, so there should have been no issues with the country they were from. Better than that British chick from the Women's game.

Russian President Putin speaks on Olympic hockey: "Putin After Hockey Loss: 'This Must Be What an Actual Election Feels Like'."  ;)

Back