• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer occupations – Which one should I choose?

Lostly said:
Six days until my interview. Studying hard and making notes. Any final thoughts on preparation is appreciated.

This may help.

Interview advice (merged):
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/12755.0.html

mariomike said:
This may help.

Interview advice (merged):
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/12755.0.html

Lostly

Lostly said:
Six days until my interview. Studying hard and making notes. Any final thoughts on preparation is appreciated.

Thanks,
Lostly

Probably nothing I'll type that you don't already know, but just relax. (Easier said than done, I know.  It's very difficult when one has a lot emotionally invested in the process.)

I've been interviewed twice (main interview/update interview for new hiring standards). My first interviewer was polite, but very serious.  My second interviewer was rather jovial and upbeat.  During both I was composed, aware of my body language and tone.  I was nervous, but remained as confident as I could.

Don't feel rushed to answer questions. You're allowed to ponder them and think about your answers if need be.  Don't be afraid to ask if you need the question repeated. Give as many details as you can where your trade(s) knowledge, personal achievements and selling points are concerned.

All the best and good luck as you move forward!

I applied online and have not got any confirmation if my files been sent to my local recruiting centre or if they have even received my id and high school transcript its been about 2months what should i do?   

CanadianBACONATOR said:
I applied online and have not got any confirmation if my files been sent to my local recruiting centre or if they have even received my id and high school transcript its been about 2months what should i do? 

Have you gotten any confirmation that your online app. was received or are you just waiting for confirmation regarding your supporting documentation?

CanadianBACONATOR said:

Common sense would say to phone the recruiting centre and ask.

Hi

Im in the process of reelisting after about 3.5 years.  I am curious to find out exactly what my entitlements are to retaining rank, and pay rate etc.  If anyone can direct me to the appropriate area I would greatly appreciate it.  I dont know whether its covered in the  DAODs, QR&Os etc

Cheers
Mike

CanadianBACONATOR said:

Try calling the National RC to ask what's going on with your file.. maybe something got mixed up or something, who knows..
And about your file being transferred to your local RC, if it's been 2 months, good luck  :p ... it likely won't happen that quickly...

CF File Manager said:
Hello all applicants. I am a File Manager at CFRC Barrie and I am willing to answer your questions to the best of my ability. If I don't know the answer to your questions I shall do my best to find out an answer for you. I cannot speak of the details of your personal application unless you call a recruiter or manager to confirm your identity. So with that out of the way shoot! Also please be patient awaiting replays.

I would like to thank you for taking out the time in helping us out.

I am going to BMOQ on April 27th as an AERE and I am currently working as an engineer. Will my previous work experience count towards my rank after BMOQ? I was going through my draft paper and it didn't state my experience. Should I have this corrected?

Hey

Did you get sworn in yet? I got sworn in last week. I am also in your course April 29th BMOQ.

skhan0091 said:
I would like to thank you for taking out the time in helping us out.

I am going to BMOQ on April 27th as an AERE and I am currently working as an engineer. Will my previous work experience count towards my rank after BMOQ? I was going through my draft paper and it didn't state my experience. Should I have this corrected?

unfortunately, coming is as DEO like we are most of our work experience doesn't count for anything, except making us more attractive possibly in overall military potential score which got us picked.

Hey I checked my application status and it mentions a list of things like:
CFAT (Aptitude Test) Scheduled Date
Interview Scheduled Date
Medical Examination Scheduled Date
Physical Fitness Test Scheduled Date
Enhanced Reliability Submission Date
Merit List Date

What does the SCHEDULED DATE mean? Does it mean my application has been processed and a date has already been scheduled? Are they waiting for me to graduate in June before they can call me in for the test and things? What does the Merit List and Enhanced Reliability mean?

Thanks for the help. By the way I'm excited to join the military. I applied for Officer positions and hoping that joining the Canadian Forces will give me a serious life changing experience. I'm interested in the recon missions as well as UN Peace Operations which is part of the reason for me joining. Canada should continue increasing its combat capabilities as it is important, but should also maintain its image as a peacekeeping nation.

JupiterForce said:
Hey I checked my application status and it mentions a list of things like:
CFAT (Aptitude Test) Scheduled Date
Interview Scheduled Date
Medical Examination Scheduled Date
Physical Fitness Test Scheduled Date
Enhanced Reliability Submission Date
Merit List Date

What does the SCHEDULED DATE mean? Does it mean my application has been processed and a date has already been scheduled? Are they waiting for me to graduate in June before they can call me in for the test and things? What does the Merit List and Enhanced Reliability mean?

Hey, those parts on your online application don't mean anything right now, because the recruiting center doesn't use it at the moment. Before, they used to put a date beside them with the actual date that you were scheduled for your exams and stuff. I think it was just not being used by the recruiting staff, so they just don't use them right now. The only way to get an update on your application is to email or phone them, or wait until they email you.

Merit List I believe means you have passed all of your tests and you join a list of other people applying for the same trade who have also passed all the tests and meet all of the qualifications. They rank you based on your scores on everything, and put you on the list of people they will give job offers to. You don't need to worry about that until you have done all of your other testing.

Enhanced reliability is basically your background check where they check your criminal record and phone your references.

I'm not sure how recruiting works for people who haven't graduated high school yet, so I can't answer that. Did you send them the copies of your ID/Birth Certificate/Parent Signature depending on your age that they ask for when you apply? Also when did you apply? Because it takes them about 1-2 months to even get to your application to see if they will send it forward to the next step of testing.

Hey everyone quick question,  I am currently applying online and I'm applying as a NCM, it then asks what kind of entry you want. Skilled, unskilled..etc, this is where I am a little confused.  I'm applying for infantry, im 20 with no experience in anything, so do I put unskilled down? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Pong

CMPonG said:
Hey everyone quick question,  I am currently applying online and I'm applying as a NCM, it then asks what kind of entry you want. Skilled, unskilled..etc, this is where I am a little confused.  I'm applying for infantry, im 20 with no experience in anything, so do I put unskilled down? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Pong

Ummm?  Really!

Yes, sorry There was like 8 things, I was assuming unskilled but wanted to make sure.

CMPonG said:
Yes, sorry There was like 8 things, I was assuming unskilled but wanted to make sure.
Well.. if you're unskilled in everything there, you should put down unskilled..  :p

Hi Everyone,

I heard recently that the Supply Technician trade is open. Has anyone else?

Lostly :cdn:

Lostly said:
I heard recently that the Supply Technician trade is open. Has anyone else?

I think it has been open for awhile now...

Back